By James Leno
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Craps HD is here for your Macintosh!
With 3D dice, multi-player support, over 160 authentic dealer stick calls, extensive betting options, a simple, intuitive interface, and an authentic table layout, Craps HD is the premiere craps game for the Mac.
Easy to use but hard to put down, Craps HD offers a true casino-style experience, with complete Vegas rules and authentic game play.
A simple interface lets you select your bet amount and click or drag and drop on the table to place your bet. Up to three players can play at once!
Easily experiment with new betting strategies; build a large bankroll; or simply learn how to play with Craps HD.
No other craps game gets you this close to the casino!
• 3D dice rolls - watch your dice bounce around a beautifully rendered table with realistic action. Hear the dealer call out the roll with real stickman lingo!
• Multi-Player support - up to three players can play at once.
• Casino-style table layout with all bets available.
• Over 160 authentic stick calls! Hear the dealer call out your rolls and suggest bets.
• Fast roll resolution lets you get more bets in each session and easily experiment with different betting strategies.
• Dealer Info button shows you all the payouts for each bet and the amount you have wagered and will win.
• Inside/Outside/Across betting options let you quickly make place bets on all box numbers!
• Preferences for odds working, hardways working, place bet presses, and more. Set your preference or let the dealer ask you what you want to do at the appropriate time during the game.
• Save/Restore allows you to resume a game in progress.
• 3x4x5x odds simulates popular casino-style odds.
• Easily remove part or all of one bet with a simple click or double click.
If you have any questions or issues regarding gameplay, please contact our technical support, and we will be happy to answer them for you. Suggestions for improvements are always welcome!
What's New in Version 1.2
Game window now resizable for smaller displays.
Added preference for chip animation speed.
Horrible! RUN AWAY!
This is a horrible game: full of bugs, and is not intuitive at all. I just wasted $3. It's a real shame because I bought the iPad version a while back, and it's wonderful - best craps game out there. But this version - I guess it's for MacBook - is nothing like that, even though it's the same vendor. In this version, I don't think it's possible to place a come bet, every third roll is a mis-roll, and it places random bets for you without your permission. Also, it crashes A LOT. Again, the iPad version is awesome: no bugs and very intuitive. I wish it were available for the MacBook.
Several Flaws in Play
Several bets are not correctly implemented, for example if I have money on the 6 and 8 and I hit my point, on the next come out roll my place bets on the 6 and 8 should be "off". However they stay "on" and when a 7 is rolled (winner on the come out roll) my 6 and 8 place bets are taken away as a loss.
Also there are several glitches and the game can be non responsive at times.
It's a good game in that more than one person can play.
There's no way to accurately know how much is on a bet. A tooltip type interaction would be helpful.
The win/loss at the end of a hand needs to be more obvious and last more than .5 second.
No clear way to bet odds once 3 players have been set. You have to de-activate a player and re-activate to set odds preferences.