CRAX Commander is dual-pane file manager with approachable user interface. It is integrated with Subversion 1.6 - 1.9 and it has built-in FTP/FTPS, SFTP/SSH,WebDAV,SMB,AFP client functionality. CRAX Commander provides many of functionalities you need to quickly and effectively access and manage your local and remote files. WITH CRAX Commander FILE MANAGEMENT IS MUCH FASTER and EASIER than it has been before.
- DUAL-PANE & multi-tabbed UI
- full UI customization (Fonts, Colors, Behaviour, Actions, Toolbar)
- full keyboard SHORTCUTS customization
- definition of CUSTOM TOOLS as menu items and toolbar items
- configurable SIDEBAR panel
- support for COLOR definition based on the file's extension or attributes
- copying and moving files/folders in BACKGROUND (non blocking GUI file operations)
- MERGING content of folders when copying or moving
- built-in clients for connection to remote volumes using SSH/SFTP, FTP/FTPS, SMB, AFP, WebDAV protocols
- built-in text file editor with SYNTAX coloring
- SPLITTING and combining files
- DROPBOX integration with exporting and importing app's settings
- calculation and verification CHECKSUMS
- archive support: ZIP, RAR, 7-ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2, AR/IPK, ISO9660, RPM (browsing, selectively unpack, delete, browsing archives in archives etc.)
- advanced searching for files with support for searching for DUPLICATES
- advanced MULTI-RENAME tool
- support for SUBVERSION 1.6 - 1.9
- experimental support for GIT
- KEYCHAIN passwords saving and restoring
- QUICK-LOOK support
----- ... AND MUCH MORE ... ------
- IMPROVED TABS CONTENT MANAGEMENT
- added preferences option 'Add opened in CRAX documents to recents list'
- fixed synchronization info dialog on saving remote edited file
- fixed showing local drives
- fixed problem with renaming files with difference in the upper / lower case
- fixed default copy on background
- resolved UI issues
- fixed issues reported by users
Ratings and Reviews
Great Total Commander alternative!
I was looking for a Total Commander alternative for Mac, but most of the apps out there are crap.
This is a surprise, and a great, nice looking native Mac app!
Keep up the good work.
Don’t waste your money
I needed a better file manager than finder to move/rename files/folders, etc. so I bought this program. The first time I ran it, it crashed. When I finally got it to run, the panes are stuck (by default) in library/containers/pl.ewas.Crax/data and any time you try to change directories you have to click a button to allow system access. Assuming you get this far, you start to get error messages like “You must override listElements:errorRes: in a subclass”. I’ve gone back to using finder, I hate it, but it works.
Don’t buy this!!!!!!!!!
Updates brings pain and sometimes relief
last update (17.1.2016):
still cannot open external drives/mounted partitions until restarting CRAX (this bug is introduced in udate few months ago…)
former update :
Crax non stop dies/bugs IT LOOKS SOLVED
filter doesn’t work (if you have multiple tabs) SOLVED
went crazy with bug AfpAccessDenied introduced in previous update SOLVED
sometime it selects wrong file… shows one when copy copies another, maybe should force refresh (problem with previous version have not reproduced it with last one)
why don’t you add two filter boxes for each side? be better than pathfinder SOLVED (now you use same box with values according to selected side, good)
it would be nice that F3 opens viewer according to extension (view on jpg should preview picture not HEX data)
Lates update (2015 11 17) brings problems with External drives. sometimes you cannot opet folder on it. Also it lost all Toolbar settings.
Price $24 is crazy if after evry update you get new problems :(
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.