Hey hey, come on over and have some fun with Crazy Taxi, SEGA's ground-breaking, open-world driving game. Here. We. Go! Play for free and earn craaaazy money!
Barrel through traffic packed streets, hurdle off parking garages, and crazy combo your way to crazy money in a wild frantic race to scare up the most fares. In Crazy Taxi, time is money, and only the craziest cabbies come out victorious.
Crazy Taxi joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Remastered for mobile devices based on the hugely popular Dreamcast classic
- Rock out to original music by The Offspring and Bad Religion
- Choose from 3, 5 or 10 minute game play in Arcade Mode and Original Mode
- Continue the madness with Crazy Box's 16 mini games
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - Download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
-“One of the best arcade conversions to date, and certainly the most fun game on the Dreamcast.” [5 Stars] - Les Ellis, Computer & Video Games #220 (March 2000)
-“Addictive and fun, fun, fun!” [94%] - Stuart Taylor, Dreamcast Magazine #5 (January 2000)
- “There's enough depth to the gameplay to make you question whether you could ever truly master it all” [9/10] - Tom Guise, The Official Dreamcast Magazine #5 (March 2000)
- The original arcade game was available in both standing and seated cabinet forms
- Crazy Taxi announcer Bryan Burton-Lewis also voices Axel and various customers throughout the Crazy Taxi series
- Superman (1978) and Lethal Weapon (1987) director Richard Donner acquired the rights to make a live action Crazy Taxi film in 2001
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in arcades in 1999 and ported to Dreamcast in 2000
- Sequels Crazy Taxi 2 and Crazy Taxi 3 landed on Dreamcast and Xbox in 2001 and 2002 respectively
- Developed by SEGA AM3, which later became Hitmaker
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Crazy Taxi, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Bug fixes and refinements
Ratings and Reviews
One of SEGA’s Best Mobile Releases to Date
When I got Ristar’s SEGA Forever mobile port last year, gameplay was slow, the saving system sucked, and the ads were unbearable. Now with Crazy Taxi, I see SEGA Forever has improved greatly. The game doesn’t lag a bit, not sure about saving but I’m guessing it’s improved, and, thank Yuji Naka, you don’t get an ad each time you touch the screen. Aside from SF’s improvements, the game itself is great and fun to play. You get to choose the difficulty of your next job, the music is great (of course it is, it’s SEGA), and it has a ‘90s charm to it. I may not have been alive when this came out, but still, it feels like I’m playing GTA San Andreas but better (and not nearly as gory). Overall, 5 Stars, and I didn’t even rate it that to get featured, honest. Now I’m just waiting for the Sonic 3 & Knuckles mobile port by Taxman and Stealth. Yeah, that’s right SEGA. People still want that.
Used to be a fun game
It took way too long to get into the app. I don’t know if it is any good anymore or not. I had not played it in a while so I clicked on the game. The first thing it did was ask for my iTunes password. No. Then it made me answer about 10 questions about how I wanted to play. Then, once I got past all of that, it slapped me in the face with a full screen ad before it would even let me see a single frame of game play. DELETE! I will now never know if the game is as good as the last time that I played it. It was fun before they got so ad happy (but not fun enough to deal with the frustrations of starting the app). It also doesn’t help that internet access is absolutely REQUIRED to play. Got this for my ipad that does not have cellular. If I am not at home I cannot play. It makes me wonder what kind of info that sega is secretly stashing away about me while I play. Thanks SEGA for ruining a good experience.
Wish it was the XBOX version.
This game is good. I just wish it was more like the XBOX version. I liked in that version how the driver could pick up more then one person at a time. And I also liked that there was more worlds to drive in. Still this is a good game.
Please update this app. I just tried to open the app and got a message saying. This app may slow down your iOS device. The developer needs to update the app. I don't get this message on apps that were updated recently only apps that have not been updated in a while.
Please remove adds. In 2015 when I found this game I had to pay to get the game. And for a while I’m getting adds with this game once and a while. And now the game won’t start. Please update the game.
- Sega America
- 335.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and CRAZY TAXI are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $1.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.