By Arto Vaarala
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The world's best software arpeggiator is now available as an iPad application.
Kirnu Cream Mobile is a very powerful MIDI performer music application for iPad.
This version is almost identical to the plugin version except the mobile version includes internal synthesizer and single drum track.
Mobile version also has only one arpeggiator track by default. If needed, the rest three tracks can be purchased separately with in-app-purchase option.
This version can open plugin version presets and vise versa.
- 4 independent tracks (One track available by default. Other can be added via IAP)
- 12 patterns per track
- Very powerful internal 2 OSC synthesizer FOR EVERY 4 TRACKS
- Two different views: Classic and quick edit view.
- Live Keyboard, Chord Memory and Pattern Sequencer sections.
- Sample accurate MIDI engine.
- Easy to use note hold mode with transpose and bypass functionality.
- Presets are compatible with the plugin version.
- Powerful Pattern Step Data Section:
- Tool section enables easy data editing.
- All data sections are independent from each other.
- Data sections can be looped with several different loop modes.
- Chord memory section enables different chords to be used in every step.
- Sequencer section enables sequencing the notes.
- Accent, order, gate, accent, transposition, note divide, note shift.
- 8 CC controls in each pattern.
- MIDI learn for all knob controls.
- Control Zone for changing most important parameters via external keyboard or MIDI events.
- Audiobus (generator) support
- MIDI sync with host and slave mode
- And lots of more
With Cream Mobile it’s very easy to create catching lead parts, bouncing bass lines, swinging drums and lots of other cool stuff. The only obstacle is your imagination :)
Cream Mobile isn't like any traditional MIDI arpeggiator or sequencer. It's a lot more. With simple and clever design it has been made easy to learn and operate. You can easily create cool performances by tweaking only couple of controls. If this is not enough for you there are so many ways you can control Cream that you never feel bored with it.
Kirnu Cream is good for everybody; hobbyists, professionals, producers, composers, mamas, papas... whoever needs a good MIDI performer to make their songs PERFECT!
If you are sick and tired of conventional MIDI arpeggiators, performers, sequencers you should try Cream and see yourself how it differs from the rest.
What's New in Version 1.01
The initial release version wasn't the correct one but some version from 6 months ago. This version has the correct binary.
So much potential. Seems abandoned. Don't buy until he adds Link or better sync support
This is a "dense" app. I have the VST and love it. But in the iOS world a sequencer type app that doesnt have Link these days is automatic downrated.
Add Link and this is a 5 star app.
Wished I'd not spent the $10!
Finally got sound out of it. I have no idea what was wrong with the app. Added another star.
The User Interface is pretty much unusable for me unless you have the finger size of a 4 year old. The developer has tried to cram too much into the screen. To use some settings I have to use a stylus which is ludicrous.
No matter what I do with signal into the app or try with Chord Memory, no sound, no effect...nothing. Many activation buttons are stupid small. They think everybody has the finger size of a 4 year old or what? Too bad these developers brought Windows and Mac concepts to touch devices instead of developing the app to "really use" touch screen design concepts. Then the app stopped loading. I had to reinstall it. Not giving me warm fuzzies. Really wished I'd not spent the $10 on this.
Like the desktop version, with some extra features for audio output (the desktop version is MIDI only). Love it!
Regarding others complaints, it worked instantly for me with no problems! The buttons are a little small, but still quite usable; I think some people just don't know how to tap with the tip of their finger.