Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Village guides are a unique new series of guides designed for the iPhone and iPads. They allow both the casual visitor and the long-time resident to have a fascinating insight into the past by telling the story of villages through text, audio and superb archive photographs.
Set in the north-east of England, they bring the region’s particular mix of industrial and medieval past to light in a way that traditional guide books cannot match. They also have very useful information for the visitor such as listing where to park or finding out where the nearest cash-point is. Plus you can also find out somewhere great to eat.
This village guide covers Cresswell describing fifteen fascinating buildings or sites to go and look at. It has over fifty photographs and illustrations, many of which are archive photos that are seldom seen and the story behind each site is available in fifteen unique recordings to listen to and enjoy as you walk around and explore
• See photos of Cresswell’s own stately home that burned down in the 1930’s and discover what still remains today.
• Uncover the story of the Manor House and the people who lived there.
• Hear what life in the Fishermen’s Cottages used to be really like.
• Read about the fascinating history of Golden Sands Caravan Park.
• Find out Cresswell’s own “Grace Darling”, Margaret Brown and the courageous part played by the Brown family over the years.
• Seek out old mine shafts in the area.
• Discover the role that Cresswell played in the Second World War and how it was attacked by the Luftwaffe.
I hope that you enjoy it and that it encourages you to try out other village guides in the series, such as Lynemouth, Ellington and Linton or Newbiggin-by-the Sea.
What's New in Version 1.1
Minor bug fixes
- Category: Books
- Updated: Aug 12, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 10.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Richard Pyle
- © 2013 Village Guide
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.