Cribbage - Free Family Crib & Peg Game
By Trivial Technology
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Catch the crib! Play the App Store’s top rated cribbage game! With fluid action, this game is intuitive and easy to play for both novice and experienced players. Fans of Backgammon, Euchre, Gin Rummy, or 500 will love this!
New to Cribbage? Cribbage Lite helps you every step of the way. Use hints to develop your skills and strategy. If you're unsure how a hand was scored, use the “Explain” button for a breakdown of the points.
Think you're a pro? Challenge yourself against our world class expert AI (available for in-app purchase)! Count your own cards! Play muggins and steal missed points from your opponent! Cribbage will keep you endlessly entertained.
• Single Player games have easy, medium, hard and expert opponents
• Personalize your cards, pegs, board, and background
• Choose automatic or manual card counting
• Play muggins and steal points from your opponent
• See detailed breakdowns of the points scored in a hand with the explain button
• Use hints to develop your strategy
UPGRADE FOR MORE AWESOME FEATURES
• More ways to play: online with Game Center, turn-based multiplayer, peer to peer, and pass and play
• Voice chat lets you be more social during online games
• Find opponents while you play with background matchmaking
• Show you're a pro by earning all 42 achievements
• Compete for top spots on the leaderboard
• Cribbage HD is Universal. Runs on the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
And follow us online for news and promotions:
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/trivialtech
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/trivialtech
What's New in Version 3.5.3
Thanks for all your wonderful support! This update includes several bug fixes based on your feedback.
We appreciate every App Review, so keep them coming!
Great for beginning and experienced players alike
I learned how to play cribbage with this game. It offers hints and automatic scoring so you can learn the mechanics of the game. Then you can turn off auto scoring and count your own points. Careful though! If you count wrong the AI may take your points. Speaking of the AI, it's fairly realistic because it doesn't always catch your mistakes - just like a real human player. There are multiple boards, decks, and pegs to choose from to keep the game visually interesting as well.
Great app for cribbage
Good design and adjustable speed settings to keep the games moving. I wish there were less of the 30 second ads and upgrading to the most difficult level wasn't so expensive. All in all, a great cribbage game.
* Update: for those of you using this app to learn the game, be very weary using the 'recommended play' when choosing which cards to put in the crib, it is often wrong. I recommend using the game to get experience and learn on your own.
So far so good!
Nice that mugging is included! Reminds me of playing cut throat years ago with good friends. It isn't important to me, but beginners might want to try finding a version that has an undo feature. I haven't gotten past the easy stage yet so I'm not sure how truly good the app is yet. It's been a very long time since my Great Grandmother taught me to play (she was a cut throat ace!), and I'm still brushing up and getting mugged at least twice every game. I forgot how much attention to detail this game requires!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 20, 2016
- Version: 3.5.3
- Size: 77.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Trivial Technology
- © 2016, WildCard Games Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Expert AI$3.99
- 3 Player Games$2.99
- 29 Pack$1.99