Hear ye! Hear ye!
BE YOUR TOWN’S CRIER!
Have an opinion on why others should or should not move or visit the place you live? Why not share it?
In medieval England and Europe, town criers were used to communicate newsworthy events. Traditionally dressed in a red and gold jacket with a black tricorne hat, the town crier would ring a handbell and call out to the townspeople “Hear ye! Hear ye!” to get the people’s attention. The town crier would read an official proclamation and then nail it to the doorpost of a local inn. The tradition became known as “posting a notice.”
Crierspost gives you a chance to “post” your message and be your town’s crier!
Post a video telling others about the place you live in 90 seconds or less.
* Take videos straight from the app and/or upload videos from your phone
* Save your favorite videos and share with others
* Search for any city or town in various categories and see videos posted by others
* See trending and newly posted videos from all over the country
Funny or serious – you decide, but the more entertaining and/or informative, the better!
The Origins of Crierspost: Designed after Crierspost creator traveled to Alaska in a motorhome and couldn’t help but wonder what it was like to live in the cities and towns she passed along the way. Her curiosity got the best of her and led to the creation of the Crierspost app and website. Let Crierspost satisfy your curiosity.
Ideas for Videos:
• Day-to-day life - what do you and your friends do on a day-to-day basis?
• Local hangouts – where is the place to be in your city or town?
• Outdoor activities – where do you hike, bike, swim, surf, walk, run, jog, dive, boat, fish, ski/snowboard, snowshoe, offroad, horseback ride, kayak, canoe, sail, rock climb, birdwatch, parasail, jet ski, skydive, picnic?
• Food – what culinary delights await others?
• Entertainment – how do you find ways to entertain yourself?
• Lodging – from five stars to no stars, what options are available for overnight lodging?
• Camping – free or paid, where do you spend a night beneath the stars?
• Local businesses – where do you shop?
• For kids – what kid-friendly activities exist?
• Dog-friendly – where can your four-legged friends go to stretch their legs? What businesses are dog-friendly?
• Travel – where did your travels take you and should it take others to the same places?
• Promotion – local businesses and chambers of commerce, got something to promote?
• Events – what is going on in your city or town?
• Weather – can one expect snow, sun, wind, rain?
• Housing – where are the best neighborhoods to live? What is the condition of the housing market?
• Schools – what educational options are available?
• Gas stations – which one typically has the lowest prices? How is access for larger vehicles?
• Road conditions – ones to avoid due to potholes, light signals, weight restrictions?
• Local government – want to draw the local government’s attention to an issue?
THINKING OF MOVING OR VISITING SOMEWHERE? Get a local’s perspective on day-to-day life on outdoor activities, entertainment, food and lodging options, events, activities for kids.
JUST VISITED SOMEWHERE AND WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT? Post it! What were your impressions? What did you do? What types of people did you meet? What food did you eat?
LOCAL GOVERNMENT – WANT TO PROMOTE YOUR CITY OR TOWN OR AN UPCOMING EVENT? Let Crierspost do it for you!
The options are endless! Be creative. Be informative. Be entertaining. Be You!
A big shout-out to the exceptional talents of tattooist and artist, Eric Olguin for designing the Crierspost logo. Contact him at: email@example.com
Got feedback? Let us know at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read about our terms and conditions here:
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.