***Apple’s iPad App of the Week comes to iPhone!***
***Thousands of 5-Star User Ratings on iPad***
In Crimson: Steam Pirates for iPhone, plumes of black smoke fill the blue Caribbean sky as Thomas Blood’s pirate fleet steams ahead—over, above, and below the waves. On the surface, ships bristle with swivel cannons and lightning guns. Above, zeppelins drip with incendiary bombs. And below, silent and deadly, submarines stalk their targets, torpedoes at the ready.
Command your fleet and your Steampunk crew using an elegant action interface. Crimson: Steam Pirate’s turn-based gameplay provides an addicting mixture of strategy and action as you anticipate your enemies’ moves and counter them, luring them into a deadly hail of weapons fire while uncovering the mystery brewing in the Caribbean.
Crimson: Steam Pirates for iPhone features:
• Chapters 1 & 2 feature 16 voyages that tell the tale of Thomas Blood’s adventures in the Caribbean
• Chapter 3 features 8 new voyages, available as an in-app purchase
• 2 “Pass-and-Play” multiplayer scenarios
• Over a dozen types of ships, subs, and airships
• Over 20 unique crew members whose special abilities enhance gameplay
Presented by Bungie Aerospace and conceived by the mind of Harebrained Schemes' Jordan Weisman, creator of the MechWarrior, Crimson Skies, and Shadowrun universes.
Crimson: Steam Pirates for iPhone supports:
• iPhone 4S
• iPhone 4
• iPhone 3GS
• iPod Touch (3G and 4G models only)
Earlier iPhone/iPod Touch hardware is not supported. If you are experiencing problems with Crimson: Steam Pirates please contact email@example.com with a detailed description of your issue and information on the device you are using.
Resolved minor issues with in-game text.
Ratings and Reviews
I submit this review over wireless and tip my hat to Tesla
Full of the splashy world color I'd expect from the creator of Crimson Skies. Nifty inertia mechanic and use of the too-rare "we-go" system. Technically flawless (I haven't had a single crash), lovely art, lots of color. I particularly like that every single character has a period-styled photograph and a humorous biography.
If I had any complaint, it's that all the systems design is arguably wasted on a series of short, puzzle-like scenarios, with no longer or more free-form setups.
I wish I could buy Chapter 3 - I always get the error "payment processing not available." :(
Great game and concept. I especially love the mix of live-action images. All I would ask is room for customization, either allow the purchase of parts before missions or in a hub (while keeping some required parts necessary) using points as cash or creating maps that customization of the ships are allowed. Oh, and the ability to choose ships for takeover and to further use. I desperately tried to get an awesome Dreadnaught many a times (use deployments slots, weight, or costs) at mission beginnings.
Game of the year.
If you had told me at the beginning of 2011 that my favorite game this year would be a steampunk pirate turn based strategy adventure I would have said you were crazy. But the story and gameplay had me hooked from the moment I picked this up. It plays very well with different ships, submarines, and air boats. Some ships can't cross thru shallow water, some can't engage air targets etc. Deep without being too complicated.
Would love to see some new stories in 2012!
- Bungie Aerospace Corporation
- 96.8 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © 2011 Bungie Aerospace Corporation
- In-App Purchases
- Tales of Captain Blood Chapter 3 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.