Critical Pass is the ultimate bar exam study aid. The Critical Pass flashcard app helps you synthesize and memorize key concepts needed to ace the MBE and, ultimately, pass the bar exam. Critical Pass is designed to help you absorb information quickly and effectively. Simplify studying. Try the Critical Pass app for free.
• Works on iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini.
• This free version allows access to 10 cards in each MBE subject (70 cards total). You may access all content (over 300 cards) by purchasing the full version from within the app.
• One purchase will allow for access to multiple devices.
• Each card provides a substantive overview of the law you’ll need to know for the MBE.
• Review cards by subject, categories within subjects, or choose your own set of cards to review.
• Highlight text on each card.
• All content is fully searchable by keyword.
• Add your own notes, mnemonics, and examples to any card to help you synthesize key MBE concepts.
• Quiz yourself among all subjects, individual subjects, subcategories, or choose your own set of cards to review.
• Save cards for further review.
• Access to the full content is available for purchase from within the app for $99.99.
Fixed app launch on iOS 12
Ratings and Reviews
Content is solid, app is not
I am reviewing the app, as the content of the material is very good in comparison to other tools. The app lacks a few things that make them usable consistently. First, there is no way to bookmark where you are. With hundreds of cards, this is critical for ongoing studies. Second, the highlight function is near unusable. The select and drag is not normal. Something is wrong as it takes tens of seconds to try and get the right area highlighted. Critical for quick studying needs. Again, this is critical to quick study and practice. Third, it cannot remember anything from device to device. Although it knows I am logged into my phone and forces me to re-login on my iPad, it cannot show me highlights from the phone or ‘starred’ areas? Finally, unless I missed it, I cannot go to an area with all highlights. You can access starred areas and notes from the menu, but NOT highlights. This means that you need to star every card you put a highlight for this to be reasonable.... Come on. I need this to be quick, intuitive and reusable for the depth of studying being done. As a key selling point, this app should be easier to use and have better design.
useful for solidifying knowledge
I only recently got the app and am currently studying for the bar but so far I have found the cards are great and app is easy to use. Some reviewers mentioned that there is too much information on the back of the card but I have not found that to be the case— I personally prefer having more information than less and it’s just enough material for each term to help me nail down the concepts. I’m using barbri as a prep course and don’t like the cards that come with their course but dont have time to make my own. These cards track the information and material in my course outlines closely and supplement very well.
I was pleased with this purchase when studying for my first bar exam. Now, 3 years later, I will be taking a second state's exam and I am confident these cards will help. Plus I did not have to purchase the full access twice, which is impressive given that I likely would have paid again.
- Critical Pass, LLC
- 116.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Critical Pass
- In-App Purchases
- Critical Pass - All Flashcards and Features $99.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.