Critteroos: Mix. Match. Print.
By CMCD Visual Symbols
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A fun, educational learning app for kids ages 3-8! Learn animal names, find two matching animal halves to make a complete image, or mix them up and invent your own Critteroo that can be named, saved and shared!
Critteroos: Mix. Match. Print. is an imaginative, new learning app for kids! With three ways to play, children can learn the names of a wide variety of animals in several languages, pair one animal half with its matching half to create a complete image, and mix two different animals together to create their very own “Critteroo” that can be named, saved, and shared over 1,000 Critteroo combinations!
• Designed to build vocabulary and to help practice reading skills.
• Tap the screen — or turn the Auto Narrate setting on – to hear the animal name pronounced and see it written on screen in either English or Spanish. (Additional language upgrades in French and Mandarin are also available.)
• Designed to build vocabulary and hone visual acuity and working memory.
• Swipe the bottom and top images to the left or right to find two images that match to form an animal.
• Double-tap the screen to confirm a match and hear the animal’s name pronounced and see it displayed on the screen.
• Designed to encourage creativity!
• Mix two different animals together to create your very own unique Critteroo!
• There are myriad possibilities of Critteroos to be created (1,296 combinations, to be exact!).
Save and Print.
• All new animal creations can be saved in your iPhoto album to print later, share with friends, or even post as artwork* on the web to share with the world.
• Tap the Download button and enter your Critteroo’s name on the keyboard.
• Tap the Done button and the name of the animal will display on the upper right corner of the screen.
• A copy of your Critteroo will save to your iPhoto library!
There are four settings to customize the playing experience:
• Tap & Hold helps to prevent younger players from interrupting the game unintentionally. When Tap & Hold is on, you will need to press and hold any buttons (pause, home, settings) for three seconds in order to activate them.
• Auto Match will automatically show you if a match is made. When Auto Match is off, you must tap the screen twice to check if you’ve made a match.
• Auto Narrate will play the name of each animal automatically as it appears on the screen. If Auto Narrate is off, you’ll need to tap the screen once to hear and see and hear the animal’s name.
• Music turns on or off the background music.
More Sets: Languages and Images.
• English and Spanish language sets are included in Critteroos 1.
• French and Mandarin (includes both simplified Chinese characters and Pinyin) are available as individual language upgrades to Critteroos 1. To purchase, tap the Home button and then the More Sets button from within the app.
• An additional set of animal images is also available for more Critteroos fun! Critteroos 2 includes an entire set of new animals to mix, match, and print. Available as an upgrade to Critteroos 1 in English, Spanish, French, and Mandarin.
* Any downloadable images contained in, or resulting from use of, the app are owned or licensed by CMCD, and may be used for personal use only as set forth in the license for this app. Please review usage terms in our license agreement for further details.
check out our review at
What's New in Version 1.2
Enjoy Critteroos! Please take a moment to rate us in the App Store...
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 21, 2011
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 35.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CMCD, Inc.
- © 2011 CMCD, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Critteroos 2 | English Language Set$0.99
- Critteroos 1 | Mandarin Language Set$0.99
- Critteroos 1 | French Language Set$0.99
- Critteroos 2 | French Language Set$0.99
- Critteroos 2 | Spanish Language Set$0.99