By stefano di luca
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
If you regularly post on Twitter and Facebook, this app was made for you. And in case you also manage multiple Twitter accounts or Facebook pages, this is the app you are going to fall in love with.
Crosspost is the ultimate app for posting at once on multiple Twitter and Facebook accounts or pages!
Today, your only option is to link your Twitter account with Facebook, but this comes with a few problems:
- You can't post messages longer than 140 characters
- Links are shortened in the 't.co' form
- Links lose the preview on Facebook
- You can't post on Twitter without posting on Facebook too
Crosspost solves all these problems. You can post as multiple Twitter and Facebook users or pages, with a few very handy features:
- The app lives in your status bar, always a click (or a keyboard shortcut) away
- There is a 'twitter selector', that lets you highlight the text to post on Twitter only, for example in case you want to write on Facebook a status update that's longer than 140 characters
- You can select multiple accounts and pages to post on at once
- There is a handy "get from browser" button, that gets link and title from the current active page in your browser (works with Chrome and Safari)
- When you post a message that contains a link, on Facebook the link preview is preserved
- There is an option for auto-removing hashtags when posting the same message on Twitter and Facebook
- Global shortcut (ctrl+shift+p)
- Optimized for Retina display
And if you have autoposting from Twitter to Facebook enabled, you can disable it at https://twitter.com/settings/profile (bottom of the page).
Developed by takeitsimple.com
@cescobaz @Facens @pennadl
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Solved a bug that prevented accounts to be saved in case of system shutdown or user logout
- Minor bug fixes
Confused on what I paid a buck 99 for?
I was hoping for something to make multiple post in Facebook… to groups… or other users… you know, select 8 or 10 groups, create the post, click post and the post is posted to the 8 or 10 groups or users… not so with this APP I guess.. it’s one of those apps that you say to your self, “well, for a $1.99,I’ll give it a try…”
Logging in is not easy and I can’t seem to remain logged in… must log in each time…? there is a check box to remain logging but doesn’t seem to work…
I thought with the name.. “Cross Post” that I could post to multiple …..???
Has a nice browser… no help… so either the developer needs to add help, there is support web page… and twitter… and make it more intuitive…looks simple but I can’t figure out how to use…
so until some are resolved for me, I will give 3 stars and a buy at the risk of a buck 99…
the APP hasn’t been updated in 3 years I’m guessing… don’t waste your buck 99 like I did…. virtually useless and should be removed by Apple...
Been hunting for this.
I’ve tried several different tools for using social in the most efficient way possible. (Nothing would make me happier than never logging onto the facebook website again). This is definitely a crucial piece of the puzzle.
Also check out Swifty for a similar approach to email and direct messaging (for FB, Twitter, Gmail.)
Works as advertised.
The app has a few accessibility bugs (unlabeled buttons) but having keyboard shortcuts makes up for this flaw.
It's easy to setup a new account or add more. Overall, I hope the developers continue maintaining the app.