Crossword: Arrow Words - the Free Crosswords Puzzle App for iPad
By the binary family
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether you prefer to solve crosswords in high-res on the newest iPad or on an earlier-generation device, Arrow Words promises high-quality entertainment.
Arrow Words Free is a classic crossword app with a useful twist. In arrow words puzzles, the clues are shown right in the puzzle grid, making them easy to view and play on the iPad screen.
This lovingly produced app includes 40 all-new Arrow Words puzzles in 4 levels. Easier levels use simpler words and a smaller grid, perfect for a short break. Harder levels have tougher clues and larger puzzle grids for hours of challenging fun. Also, careful editing and a huge pool of words ensure that clues don’t repeat too often.
The sound and graphics are also designed for true crossword aficionados. Choose from three visual interfaces that recreate the atmosphere of the crossword in the Sunday paper. If you miss using your favorite pen to solve puzzels, you’ll love the optional sounds of a moving pen as you fill in the squares, custom recorded for each letter!
PLEASE NOTE: our puzzles are created by British puzzle editors especially with players from Commonwealth countries in mind. Of course, North American players are welcome to join the fun.
• Once you’ve solved an Arrow Words puzzle on the iPad, you’ll never go back to paper!
• 40 free puzzles, 4 difficulty levels and grid sizes
• 3 interface options: Classic, News, Colour
• Optional sound effects and background music
• iPod function support
What's New in Version 3.0
• Now fully iOS 9 compatible
• Performance improvements
• Thank you for all your feedback as we continue to improve this app!
Like these puzzles and features, show errors, etc. Cost a bit much for additional ones but well worth playing for forty free ones.
Really dislike interface
Did one clue, changed the format, still hate it. Deleting.
If you don't mind the clue in the other squares oh the crossword you may like it but that was visually distracting to me. It is also so zoomed in that on the first easy puzzle I had to scroll to see the whole thing.
Very distracting to have the clues printed in the boxes. The handwriting scratching sound is annoying. Don't know if that can be adjusted because I deleted the app after less than 5 mins.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 05, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 45.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: the binary family GmbH
- © 2015 the binary family & Thorsten Rauser
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Easy Puzzle Pack (35 Puzzles)$0.99
- Normal Puzzle Pack (30 Puzzles)$0.99
- Difficult Puzzle Pack (25 Puzzles)$0.99
- Very Difficult Puzzle Pack (20 Puzzles)$0.99