Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Descend into the Crossword Dungeon, where every level is made up of a procedurally-generated crossword, and each letter guarded by a vile monster you must best!
Guess the correct letter to instantly dispatch the monster, or risk combat damage if incorrect.
Test your wits against crosswords of increasing complexity and monsters with deadly abilities with one of three classes with their own unique skills:
The Barbarian, a muscled berzerker who lives for the thrill of battle and feeds his rage with the blood of his enemies.
The Ranger, a feared hunter who uses a deadly combination of marksmanship and tracking instincts.
And the Scoundrel, a ne'er-do-well who makes the best of limited resources and subverts enemies' defenses with stealth attacks.
...each in search of riches and glory beneath the Crossword Dungeon.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- Fixed bug: Continue Game no longer produces empty level/UI.
- Fixed bug: Game no longer crashes during late level generation.
- Fixed bug: Player can now properly descend after an arrow or Whirlwind attack kills the monster on the exit tile.
- Fixed bug: Professional skill now levels up correctly.
- Fixed bug: Tapping quickly to move no longer triggers First Strike multiple times.
- Fixed bug: Monster info (tap-hold) can no longer be brought up on a tile with a stealthed monster.
- Fixed bug: Potion damage bonus (from Scoundrel’s Envenom skill) is now being applied.
- Fixed bug: Monster’s Stun effect is no longer being applied on a miss.
- Fixed bug: Defense of over 100 is no longer causing player to always be hit.
- Added content: 100 new words.
- Corrected content: “ridley”, wrong hint.
- Corrected content: “constantine”, hint too long.
- Corrected content: “scute”, missing hint.
- Corrected content: “jovial”, misleading hint.
- Corrected content: “monday”, ethnocentric hint.
- Corrected content: “liter”, ethnocentric spelling.
- Balanced: Bumped up Dexterity attack/defense bonus to 10% per level.
- Balanced: Halved Magic attack XP bonus.
- Balanced: Made Scoundrel mid-tier skills more useful.
- Balanced: Tweaked percentages and max levels on Barbarian Tier 1 and Tier 2 skills.
- UI: Added copyright to main menu.
- UI: Added version to main menu.
Great concept, bugs worked out
With this update I can now wholeheartedly recommend this unique take on puzzles and roguelikes.
Different classes and with that, strategies and choices. The number of words could use some more work but the developer has been adding more and I am fine with that.
Fails at both genres.
This game has little in the way of charm, which it desperately needs to distract the player from the fact it's very dull as an "RPG" (it presents nothing in the way of interesting story, character options, or atmosphere), nor does it satisfy as a puzzle game (there is little tangible award for completing words aside from extra experience points, which is just dull grinding after a few stages). Cheap deaths are common due to unavoidable enemies with first strike and ranged attacks. I really want my money back.
Good but buggy
iPhone 4S, iOS 6, not jailbroken, and the game is good - but just resumed on level 38 and it said 'Level 1' with 'question' for down and 'question' for across and a totally black screen.
Have experienced a few crashes as well. Game resumes at beginning of level when this happens.
Good game - just poor game save/resume capability (and a few bad crashes).