Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Descend into the Crossword Dungeon, where every level is made up of a procedurally-generated crossword, and each letter guarded by a vile monster you must best!
Guess the correct letter to instantly dispatch the monster, or risk combat damage if incorrect.
Test your wits against crosswords of increasing complexity and monsters with deadly abilities with one of three classes with their own unique skills:
The Barbarian, a muscled berzerker who lives for the thrill of battle and feeds his rage with the blood of his enemies.
The Ranger, a feared hunter who uses a deadly combination of marksmanship and tracking instincts.
And the Scoundrel, a ne'er-do-well who makes the best of limited resources and subverts enemies' defenses with stealth attacks.
...each in search of riches and glory beneath the Crossword Dungeon.
What's New in Version 1.1
Crossword Dungeon 1.1 was re-written from the ground up to address a host of improvements, bug fixes, and to look and feel better than ever on iPad, with Universal support!
Unfortunately, save files from older versions are not compatible with 1.1.
Here is a more thorough list of the major changes:
- Added over 100 new words.
- New monsters: The Boar, the Wraith, and the Ogre Mage.
- New algorithm for picking words ensures they are repeated less often.
- Lowered XP from Magic Attacks.
- Lowered Magic Attacks from Scoundrel’s Cheat skill.
- Stealth is now removed only if you are hit.
- Text and sprites are now guaranteed to always be drawn with crisp pixels, never anti-aliased or blurry.
- Per popular request, the “X” has been better differentiated from the “H”.
- Beetles are now red to better differentiate them from Boars.
- New splash screens.
- New (cosmetic) magic missile for the Ogre Mage’s ranged attack.
- 10-pixel threshold is now checked on touches to prevent unwanted dragging.
- Small font is now a little bigger and more readable.
- Added a Credits screen.
- Save files should now load reliably!
- Monsters are now loaded at the correct opacity.
- Medium and Large fonts now support commas and apostrophes.
fun and interesting game
My only gripe with this game is once you get to the mid to high 30s in dungeon or puzzle level all the words are repeated and furthermore it doesn't really matter what letter you guess since usually any guess will kill the enemy and yield no damage to you. Before you get to this point however, it's a pretty fun and novel game.
Sense of Humor
Difficulty scales as well and it just has fun ideas like your stealth rating randomly revealing letters in the dungeon.
I hate the proper nouns
Just memorize all the European capitals and you have about 90% of the hard words solved for you.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 02, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 13.9 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Nolithius
- © 2014 Nolithius, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.