By Stand Alone, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"… the definitive source for puzzles for iOS…" -- the New York Times
Download and play crossword puzzles right on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; with one tap you can download and solve them, get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving!
The #1 Crossword Player on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch just got even better!
• New: Sync your puzzles with Crosswords for Mac; Start a puzzle on your Mac, then finish it on your iPhone or iPad.
• Get new puzzles every day
• Touch and hold a square to view hints on iPad
• Enter Numbers and other special characters by holding down keys
• One tap downloads all of today's puzzles
• Nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sites
• US and UK Cryptic puzzles available
• Hints, Websites, and Clue lookups
• Enter answers in 'ink' or 'pencil'
• Quickly see your recently played, or sort by date or provider
• Detailed info on each puzzle
• Post your solve times online and compare with other solvers
• Grab older puzzles with a tap
• Tap the clue list with two fingers to adjust the font size (iPad only)
Included Puzzle Sources:
• Brendan Emmett Quigley's Weekly Puzzle
• Elizabeth C. Gorski's Crossword Nation
• Inkwell Crossword
• Village Voice
• Chronicle of Higher Education
• The Independent
• King Features Crosswords (Joseph, Sheffer, and Premier)
• People Magazine
• Andy Kravis, Cruciverbist at Law
• Glutton for Pun
• MacNamara’s Band
• Murchie’s Monday Fills
• Neville Fogarty
• Puzzle Express
• The Stickler Weekly
• Telegraph Toughie
• World of Crosswords
Premium Crosswords subscription required:
• NY Times
• Matt Gaffney’s Crossword Contest
• Telegraph UK Quick & Cryptic Crosswords
• American Values Crossword
• Crooked Crosswords
• Additional puzzles downloadable via the Puzzle Browser; browse the web and download more!
Providers list subject to change. Some providers may no longer be publishing, but may still have older puzzles available in Archive form, accessible via the "Download Older Puzzles" option.
• For support, please visit our website at http://www.standalone.com •
• You can tap on the clue text at the bottom of the screen to toggle across & down
• Rotate the screen to see both the puzzle and clues
• Touch for a moment then drag to precisely select a square.
• Touch the Plus to download older puzzles
Please note that Crosswords requires an internet connection to download puzzles. Syncing puzzles to your Mac requires the purchase of Crosswords from the Mac App Store. Multiplayer requires iOS 6.0 or later.
What's New in Version 2.70
- fixed some GameCenter issues
If you're enjoying Crosswords, please consider leaving us a review. Thanks!
If you enjoy crosswords, this is the app for you!
I like the options available to the user. There is a broad selection of puzzles and levels of difficulty, and you have the option of getting even more puzzles if you wish. I play this app every day and have hundreds of games yet to open. It's well worth the purchase price, and the support is very good. My only gripe is that sometimes when you check the puzzles for errors the app counts that as help, and sometimes not ... not a very big gripe, eh?
Best app purchase I've made!
If you are a crossword lover this is one app you absolutely must have. I play this every single day. It also allows you to save old crosswords for when you feel like playing them and I have quite a bit stored up as well because there's just so many that it hard to get all of them. This app is a must have
What Would I Do Without This App
Crosswords is my very favorite app. It sits on the front page so I'm ready to work puzzles while waiting in the doctor's office, awake in the wee hours of the morning and during commercials while I'm watching TV. I've gifted it to family and friends for special occasions. Way better than any magazine! Great selection of puzzles!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 26, 2014
- Version: 2.70
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Stand Alone, Inc.
- © 2008-15 Stand Alone, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Brendan Emmett Quigley's Puzzles$1.99
- Dell Magazine #1$1.99
- Multiplayer Support$0.99
- Brendan Emmett Quigley's Favorites Volume 1$2.99
- Jonesin' Crosswords$2.99
- Ridonkulous Crosswords$1.99
- Ben Tausig's Editorial Favorites, Vol, 1$1.99
- MacNamara's Band Vol. 1$1.99
- Matt Gaffney's Music Crosswords$2.99
- You Can't Do That in a Crossword$2.99