Play Crossword puzzles from newspapers around the world right on your Mac! Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; with one click you can download and solve them, get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving. Start a puzzle on your Mac, then finish it on your iPhone or iPad.
The #1 Crossword Player on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch just landed on your Mac!
• New puzzles every day
• Synchronize puzzles between your Mac, iPhone and iPad
• Right-click a square to view hints
• Automatically downloads all of today's puzzles
• Nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sites
• US and UK Cryptic puzzles available
• Hints, Websites, and Clue lookups
• Enter answers in 'ink' or 'pencil'
• Quickly see your recently played, or sort by date, provider, or difficulty
• Detailed info on each puzzle
• Post your solve times online and compare with other solvers
• Grab older puzzles with a click
Using Puzzle Sync, you can pick up a puzzle on any device, work on it, and finish it on another, seamlessly.
Included Puzzle Sources:
• Philadelphia Inquirer Sunday
• Village Voice
• Chronicle of Higher Education
• The Independent
• Manchester Evening News
• King Features Crosswords
• Telegraph UK Quick & Cryptic Crosswords (subscription required)
• People Magazine
* Providers list subject to change. Some providers may no longer be publishing, but may sill have older puzzles available in Archive form, accessible via the "Download Older Puzzles" option *
• For support, please visit our website at http://www.standalone.com •
Please note that Crosswords requires an internet connection to download puzzles. Puzzle Sync requires the purchase of Crosswords or Crosswords Classic from the iOS App Store.
fixed some issues on 32-bit machines
Ratings and Reviews
A nice app.
I enjoy doing crossword puzzles and this app makes doing crossword puzzles on my Mac a breeze. It syncs with the iPhone app and the addition of Retina support in the version is a plus. A great and welcomed update.
iget the puzzle but NO CLUES are showing. How do i get the word clues up? Its just the puzzle grid. im sure I’m probably overlooking something simple, but right now i cant use the $24 uzzle app i bought. HELP!!
Uninstalled and reinstalled and is working now. I guess it just didn’t download correctly the first time.
Waiting for an update
I have this Mac version as well as the iOS version and paid extra for this one. The iOS version has been updated a few times over the past year but the Mac version is nearly two years without having some deficiencies addressed, most of which I have written about to the programmers. Customer support is pretty good, but acknowledged weaknesses need to be fixed. These include: at some puzzle scaling some clues do not realign in the space provided and appear blank (fixed when puzzled is re-sized); puzzle info does not show difficulty level; deleting finished puzzles is cumbersome; non-alpha keys show their irrelevant characters - should be blocked (not a problem in iOS). Other functions work fine, including downloading, synching, and puzzle quality. Puzzle providers sometimes change but there are always lots of choices. Wiaiting for an update.
- Stand Alone, Inc.
- 2.7 MB
- OS X 10.6.6 or later
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2008-2017 Stand Alone, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.