By Stand Alone, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"… the definitive source for puzzles for iOS…" -- the New York Times
Play the Award Winning Crosswords on your iPad or iPhone, now optimized for the new iOS 9! Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; wake up each day to new puzzles, solve them, get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving!
• Touch and hold a square to view hints
• US and UK Cryptic puzzles available
• Hints, Websites, and Clue lookups
• Enter answers in 'ink' or 'pencil'
• Quickly see your recently played, or sort by date, difficulty or source
• Detailed info on each puzzle
• Post your solve times online and compare with other solvers
After upgrading, you can also:
• Automatically get new puzzles every day
• Access nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sources
• Grab older puzzles with a tap
• Download new puzzles automatically in the background
Upgraded Puzzle Sources:
• Brendan Emmett Quigley's Weekly Puzzle
• Elizabeth C. Gorski's Crossword Nation
• Inkwell Crossword
• Village Voice
• Chronicle of Higher Education
• The Independent
• King Features Crosswords (Joseph, Sheffer, and Premier)
• People Magazine
• Andy Kravis, Cruciverbist at Law
• Glutton for Pun
• MacNamara’s Band
• Murchie’s Monday Fills
• Neville Fogarty
• Puzzle Express
• The Stickler Weekly
• Telegraph Toughie
• World of Crosswords
Premium Crosswords subscription required:
• NY Times
• Matt Gaffney’s Crossword Contest
• Telegraph UK Quick & Cryptic Crosswords
• American Values Crossword
• Crooked Crosswords
Providers list subject to change.
•• For support, please visit our website at http://www.standalone.com ••
What's New in Version 3.59.2
- added "Clear Errors" button when viewing a puzzle's percentage complete
- fixed a few layout bugs when printing
- fixed a crash when a poorly formatted puzzle was encountered
- fixed a disappearing back button issue
- fixed a problem where checking for errors could reveal answers
- added some additional voice over prompts in Older Puzzles
- restored missing checkbox in Settings
- added some voice over prompts in settings
- cleaned up reveal animations
- streamlined checking for previous purchases
Barely Useable Now
Don't understand the small format change wherein only a single letter of the current clue is highlighted (instead of the entire clue). Can't even know now which letter/blank is the one currently in. Horrible. Just useless now.
Great puzzles, bad sync, bad ux
The ux for finding and selecting puzzles is terrible. Cross device sync doesn't work half the time. But the puzzles are good so there's that.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 14, 2016
- Version: 3.59.2
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stand Alone, Inc.
- ©2008-2016 Stand Alone, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Crosswords Pro$9.99
- Crosswords Pro$3.99
- Upgrade to ProFree
- Edited By Tausig 2$2.99
- Crossword Nation's Centennial Edition$7.99
- Jonesin' Crosswords$2.99
- Brendan Emmett Quigley's Faves #1$2.99
- Liz Gorski's Crossword Nation: Vol. 1, No. 1-20$1.99
- Ridonkulous Crosswords$1.99
- Edited by Ben Tausig, Vol. 1$1.99