By Vidya Gamer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What if reading eBooks and fiction was more like playing video games? Download Crowded Fiction, the amazing new eBook app.
• THE GUARDIAN: “Journalist hero Jackson encounters fist-fights and car chases while investigating a museum curator's murder. Worth investigating…”
• GIZMODO: “Interactivity in games is great isn’t it? Why can’t you have that with a book? Crowded Fiction attempts to change that. Swipe your way through a fist fight, steer your way through a car chase. All through literature.”
• POLYGON: "...resembles Choose Your Own Adventure books, with the reader being able to change the story as the words appear by touching the screen and manipulating the device in other ways."
• GEEKWIRE: “Booth is dyslexic and struggled with reading as a teenager. That was part of his inspiration for creating Crowded Fiction as a way to bring his expertise with video games into the reading world.”
Featuring JACKSON’S CHOICE, our debut book: As Jackson, you will: throw punches in fight scenes by swiping the screen, literally steer your way through an explosive car chase, control the pace as you explore exotic locations, read body language to master conversation scenes.
For young journalist Jackson, a routine assignment in Athens, ends with a museum curator lying dead in a pool of blood.
As Jackson, you will:
• Rush forward or take your time to look around as you explore ancient catacombs, Greek markets, and the streets of Paris.
• Throw punches in fight scenes by swiping the screen.
• Read body language to get your interview subject to open up, outwit a security guard, and to keep your cool while being threatened by brutal thugs.
• Literally steer your way through an explosive car chase.
• Earn XBOX LIVE style achievements and compete with your Facebook friends in the leaderboard.
Each chapter has a dilemma; your choice and that of your friends and the crowd will shape Jackson’s personality and the story line in the next book. Jackson’s Choice was funded via kickstarter.com (as Vidya Books) and every character is based on one of our backers.
Having any problems? Any suggestions? We would love to hear from you! You can reach us at email@example.com
Touching fiction, shaking fiction, rotating fiction, social fiction… Download CROWDED FICTION.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
minor bug fixes
Experiment worth a look
A great combination between reading, gaming and digitally hanging out with friends. The designer's connection to game design really shines in this app which is so much more than a "choose-your-own-adventure" book. Reminds me a lot of the atmosphere created by games like "Journey" on the PS3. The interactivity is relevant and not distracting. The app's focus on the reader (with reading speeds, biases, and social sharing) show the great care put into this app.
Cannot wait to see what is next and for others to jump into this book to share this experience.
Best e-book ever!!!
I just read Jackson's Choice two times in two days! This is saying a lot considering how much I HATE reading. The book was super exciting, with lots of suspense and drama. And the ending changes depending on your choices throughout the book! Best of all, it makes reading fun for dyslexics like me!!!
Incredibly cool & entertaining e-book!
This is a fun interactive e-book. I enjoy the challenges of the story line with me controlling the situations by my choices. Much like a combination of gaming and reading. Great for a teenager with dyslexia, like myself, that desires multi-sensory format but also an amazing read for anyone.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 16, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vidya Gamer, LLC
- © Vidya Gamer, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Jackson's Choice - Book One$6.99
- Jackson's Choice - Book One Discount$5.99