Crowded Fiction - it's the novel you play; it's the book that's a game.
By Vidya Gamer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What if reading eBooks and fiction was more like playing video games? Download Crowded Fiction, the amazing new eBook app.
• THE GUARDIAN: “Journalist hero Jackson encounters fist-fights and car chases while investigating a museum curator's murder. Worth investigating…”
• GIZMODO: “Interactivity in games is great isn’t it? Why can’t you have that with a book? Crowded Fiction attempts to change that. Swipe your way through a fist fight, steer your way through a car chase. All through literature.”
• POLYGON: "...resembles Choose Your Own Adventure books, with the reader being able to change the story as the words appear by touching the screen and manipulating the device in other ways."
• GEEKWIRE: “Booth is dyslexic and struggled with reading as a teenager. That was part of his inspiration for creating Crowded Fiction as a way to bring his expertise with video games into the reading world.”
Featuring JACKSON’S CHOICE, our debut book: As Jackson, you will: throw punches in fight scenes by swiping the screen, literally steer your way through an explosive car chase, control the pace as you explore exotic locations, read body language to master conversation scenes.
For young journalist Jackson, a routine assignment in Athens, ends with a museum curator lying dead in a pool of blood.
As Jackson, you will:
• Rush forward or take your time to look around as you explore ancient catacombs, Greek markets, and the streets of Paris.
• Throw punches in fight scenes by swiping the screen.
• Read body language to get your interview subject to open up, outwit a security guard, and to keep your cool while being threatened by brutal thugs.
• Literally steer your way through an explosive car chase.
• Earn XBOX LIVE style achievements and compete with your Facebook friends in the leaderboard.
Each chapter has a dilemma; your choice and that of your friends and the crowd will shape Jackson’s personality and the story line in the next book. Jackson’s Choice was funded via kickstarter.com (as Vidya Books) and every character is based on one of our backers.
Having any problems? Any suggestions? We would love to hear from you! You can reach us at email@example.com
Touching fiction, shaking fiction, rotating fiction, social fiction… Download CROWDED FICTION.
What's New in Version 1.1.4
* bug fixes
This is a good story so far, but for $6.99 the chapters are very short and there's only ten. For $2 more I can buy a regular book and it will take me longer to read. I understand they are an indie comp. but still that is pricey for such a short book. It is an interesting read though, just might think about lowering the price to $3.99
- Category: Books
- Updated: May 11, 2015
- Version: 1.1.4
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vidya Gamer, LLC
- © Vidya Gamer, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Jackson's Choice - Book One$6.99
- Jackson's Choice - Book One Discount$5.99