Introducing the all-new Cruise Norwegian app. Think of it as your digital travel companion, here to help you experience an unforgettable cruise vacation every step of the way, from the time you book to your last day on board. Turn your mobile phone into your personal cruise vacation planner and stay in-the-know of ships’ activities while staying connected with other guests on board. Preview and book shore excursions, dining and more.
Key features include:
• Preview and book Shore Excursions
• Preview restaurants and make dining reservations
• Preview onboard entertainment, bars & lounges, spa treatments, shopping
• Ability to favorite onboard offerings
• Vacation summary, view itinerary and onboard reservation details
• Check your Latitude Rewards points and learn about tier benefits
Before Your Cruise
• Purchase onboard gifts including wine, flowers, and treats
• Check in online and save time at the pier
• On the day of departure, access your E-Docs and directions to the pier
During Your Cruise
• Review your account and track onboard purchases
• Get a daily schedule of what’s happening on the ship
• Learn about our CruiseNext program
• Review helpful disembarkation information including immigration and Easy Walk-off details
• Call and message guests on board including Group Chat*
* Calling and Messaging Package has a nominal one-time fee per person for making unlimited onboard calls and messages during your cruise.
Various bug fixes and user enhancements. To see if Cruise Norwegian is compatible with your ship, visit ncl.com/apps.
Ratings and Reviews
Not working on iPhone XS
Please fix bug.
Decent app but buggy
There are two distinct pieces to this app. First is the onboard services, which all work pretty well. Checking the daily activities, dining reservations, shore excursions, and onboard account all work reasonably well, and come free of charge. Second is the messaging and calling, which costs based on the length of the cruise (usually between US$8-US$12 or so -- it was $10 for an 11 day cruise, and that's per person using it, not per room).
The problem is that the app is quite buggy still. I was using it on iOS 11.4.1 in November of 2018 on the Norwegian Gem.
First, the app drains the batter about four times faster than when it's not running. Even if it's just in the background, it drains the battery. Swipe up to close it when you're not using it.
Second, it takes over the volume of the phone in a weird way. Normally on iPhone when you're not in an app, the volume controls adjust the ringer volume. When the app is running, even in the background, the volume controls adjust the "volume", but I'm not sure what volume they're adjusting. Even at full volume, any app that makes noise on the phone will be very quiet. If you close the NCL app entirely, the volume control goes back to normal and full volume is loud. It's very strange. The worst part is that you're paying for messaging, but you will not hear the alerts when you get a call or message, so it's really not very useful.
Third, the app takes over camera control. It doesn't seem to matter whether you give it access to your camera (for sharing photos) or not. When the app is running, the camera app will not take videos (if you don't allow the app to access the camera, then *sometimes* video is available, sometimes not, but if you allow access, video is never available). The video option is actually gone. You have to swipe up and close the NCL app to get your video capability back. This is truly annoying.
So the free capabilities of the app are worth the price (ha!), though it'll drain the battery if you leave it running in the background. The pay service for messaging, which is the most useful feature on board if you're with a group of family, friends, children, etc is not particularly useful and can be really annoying.
I M A Norweign Gurl
I always cruise with Norwegian because I always have a phenomenal time & they know how to treat their cruisers like
royalty 👑 !!! 👍🏽👌🏽🎊🎉🥰
- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings LTD
- 81.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 NCL Corporation Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.