Crunchyroll - Everything Anime
By Ellation, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now with Chromecast support ***
Watch over 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of latest and hottest Anime 1-hour after TV broadcast! Enjoy the current season and catch up on classic episodes of your favorite shows like Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Bleach, Kill la Kill, Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-, Hunter X Hunter, and many more.
Start watching your favorite Anime immediately for free (no membership required), or experience Premium membership FREE during a 7 day trial. Sign up in the Crunchyroll App now!
With a Premium membership, enjoy the following features:
- No ads
- Watch newest episodes 1-hour after airing in Japan
- Access to HD and DVD quality videos
- Watch on PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku, and more
Using in-app purchase for recurring billing makes it easier than ever to subscribe to Crunchyroll’s premium service. In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to Premium for only $6.99 per month. (Amount in USD in US App Store)
- When you have confirmed purchasing the subscription, your iTunes Account will automatically be charged.
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged $6.99 monthly for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- The current subscription cannot be cancelled during active subscription period.
Crunchyroll licenses all its content directly and legally to bring you the best and most recent shows from Asia and support the content creators.
Not available in Japan.
Check local listings for availability.
What's New in Version 3.0.4
Annoying to use with Chromecast
When connecting to a Chromecast device the app always says "Nearby Device" but having multiple Chromecast in the house makes it connect to unwanted ones. Furthermore, when playing an episode and casting it, there is no way to get back to the "Now Playing" section that allows the video to be play/pause, skip, FF/RW etc. if that page goes away (which is does randomly for no reason) there's no getting back to it and if you click on the same video it will not stop the cast, it will actually just keep casting and play the video from your phone. So basically you'd have one, uncontrollable episode being cast, and one playing at a different rate on your mobile device. It's super annoying. Also when you tap an episode and press the Chromecast button again, it asks you to put the PIN of the Chromecast in, but as the aforementioned cast is uncontrollable, there's no way to stop or pause it to take you back to the Chromecast screen to see the PIN. Really awful casting options for this app. It can't even save the previous Chromecast as a frequent device, it just find a "Nearby Device" and you have to hope it's the right one you want to cast to.
Don't get me wrong Crunchyroll is a MUST for anime lovers like me but sometimes it could be a little hard to work with. For example, you get 3-5 ads (6 if your unlucky) per break and there is 3 breaks in one 23 minute episode plus the 1 ad at the start of the episode, unless you have premium of course, but some people don't have or can't get premium and it's kinda like Crunchyroll is punishing people who can't get premium. Plus, the skip ad button doesn't even work it just gives you more ads to deal with. Also, there is so many animes I want to watch but they're premium only and even the really popular animes are premium only like Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure and The first few episodes of Yuri!!! On Ice. I get that Crunchyroll is letting us watch anime for FREE but it's not the best. Oh and also I think there should be a "Mark as watched" button because sometimes I watch anime on my tv on a different account and it gets annoying when it still says I haven't watched that episode and it looks like I skipped some.
Problem with one piece
Hey this is a really good app and the selections of anime are amaizing, however i found a problem with the anime one piece, which is that somewhere between the water 7 arc and the fishman island arc the openings are completely wrong, like in water 7 there shouldve been 4 different openings but theres only 2, and at the end of thriller bark there shouldve been 3 or 4 other openings for that arc, however theres only one, and for war of the best a quarter of the way through it is the opening for thriller bark, and then there shouldve been anouther opening at the end of the arc but its not there. Its not much of a problem but it still bothered me. If you could fix it that would be great but i know it could be difficult to go and remove and re upload all of those episodes. Thanks for your time
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 10, 2016
- Version: 3.0.4
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Ellation, Inc.
- © 2016 Ellation Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership$6.99
- Anime Membership$6.99
- Monthly Premium+ Membership$11.99
- All-Access Membership$11.99