Crunchyroll - Everything Anime
By Crunchyroll, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now with Chromecast support ***
Watch over 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of latest and hottest Anime 1-hour after TV broadcast! Enjoy the current season and catch up on classic episodes of your favorite shows like Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Bleach, Kill la Kill, Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-, Hunter X Hunter, and many more.
Start watching your favorite Anime immediately for free (no membership required), or experience Premium membership FREE during a 7 day trial. Sign up in the Crunchyroll App now!
With a Premium membership, enjoy the following features:
- No ads
- Watch newest episodes 1-hour after airing in Japan
- Access to HD and DVD quality videos
- Watch on PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku, and more
Using in-app purchase for recurring billing makes it easier than ever to subscribe to Crunchyroll’s premium service. In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to Premium for only $6.99 per month. (Amount in USD in US App Store)
- When you have confirmed purchasing the subscription, your iTunes Account will automatically be charged.
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged $6.99 monthly for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- The current subscription cannot be cancelled during active subscription period.
Crunchyroll licenses all its content directly and legally to bring you the best and most recent shows from Asia and support the content creators.
Not available in Japan.
Check local listings for availability.
What's New in Version 3.0.0
We at Crunchyroll are so excited to bring you
a fresh new look for your favorite anime venue.
Continue watching all of the shows that you love,
or Start Watching new ones 'til you reach the end of.
New episodes reveal our latest updates
Simulcasts fast as lightning, they never come late!
This season's top shows for your browsing pleasure,
we've brought all together, please view at your leisure.
Like classic or midnight? New schemes for all tastes,
What are you waiting for? Tap download, post-haste!
Whether you prefer Shonen or Romance, watch with friends or alone,
You're welcome at Crunchyroll; come on in, welcome home.
One problem that didn't exist in the last version
In the last version, episodes of anime that free members (like myself) couldn't watch yet were grayed out, and would tell you how much longer you had to wait to see them. I still haven't watched any anime on the updated version, but I don't see why they would change much in that area, because I don't know when the episode becomes available. I've been watching Twin Star Exorcists on here a week after each episode released, as per usual, and now I have no idea when the next episode releases for free users.
My only other issue is in just the lack of titles. I hear there are more on the website, but I don't really use my computer for watching things. And seriously, no D. Gray-Man and Hallow? Why not? (Sorry, just complaining a bit).
Overall, it's still a great anime watching app. Just needs more titles and to have episodes that I can't watch yet be grayed out.
Hey. I found a bug.
Once upon a time, be me, a free user because I'm not the richest person in the world (or moderately okay when it comes to finances. I'm basically poor). Still being a person who likes anime, I was scrolling through the new releases that week, and I accidentally clicked an episode. It let me watch it, despite being marked as premium. I was like, "WHOA WITH THIS BUG I CAN WATCH ALL THE NEW RE:ZERO EPISODES WOWWWW" only to finish the episode and try it on the new RE:zero episode and be sadly rejected. This episode (not one in particular because tons were like this) was marked premium, despite not being premium. Just letting you know. Also, if you were wondering, it was the "sometimes I feel lonely" BonoBono episode. Or something like that. I don't really watch BonoBono.
Videos OK but extremely poor UI experience
The app does what it's supposed to do. i.e. Videos work nicely.
UI is terrible. The older version was good but lacked website like capabilities. I always believed that the new version would allow us to contribute to the forums and comment on videos. This however is taking the things in other direction. Not only is this version not providing the CR community features but it's making the whole experience worse.
If anything, this app is beta stage at best. I hope they change it soon. For starters make the buttons a bit bigger and allow us to go to the series from all episodes (we can't do this in 'updated episodes' section).
Who so ever gave approval for this app, I appreciate what you were going for but you should get a nasty rebuke for this terrible execution of those good ideas.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 07, 2016
- Version: 3.0.0
- Size: 23.1 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Crunchyroll Inc.
- © 2015 Crunchyroll Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership$6.99
- Anime Membership$6.99
- Monthly Premium+ Membership$11.99
- All-Access Membership$11.99