Crunchyroll - Watch Anime & Drama Now!
By Crunchyroll, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now with Chromecast support ***
Watch over 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of latest and hottest Anime 1-hour after TV broadcast! Enjoy the current season and catch up on classic episodes of your favorite shows like Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Bleach, Kill la Kill, Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-, Hunter X Hunter, and many more.
Start watching your favorite Anime immediately for free (no membership required), or experience Premium membership FREE during a 7 day trial. Sign up in the Crunchyroll App now!
With a Premium membership, enjoy the following features:
- No ads
- Watch newest episodes 1-hour after airing in Japan
- Access to HD and DVD quality videos
- Watch on PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku, and more
Using in-app purchase for recurring billing makes it easier than ever to subscribe to Crunchyroll’s premium service. In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to Premium for only $6.99 per month. (Amount in USD in US App Store)
- When you have confirmed purchasing the subscription, your iTunes Account will automatically be charged.
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged $6.99 monthly for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- The current subscription cannot be cancelled during active subscription period.
Crunchyroll licenses all its content directly and legally to bring you the best and most recent shows from Asia and support the content creators.
Not available in Japan.
Check local listings for availability.
What's New in Version 2.51.2
This app works, but could be better.
I've been using this app for a while, and I like the fact that it make it easy to keep watching your favorite anime series, without skipping videos by accident or forgetting which video is next. Now, my biggest problem with this app is that, in my queue, I have listed a few old anime series that I have no problem watching on a PC, but I can't watch them on an iPhone or iPad because they just don't appear on my queue, and they also aren't listed in the app. In my naiveness, I tried accessing Crunchyroll using Safari and Chrome, hoping I could be able watch the missing series there, but the stupid thing won't let me watch anything and keeps urging me to download the app. For that reason I'm giving this app just two stars. I mean, I understand that maybe the app doesn't have enough room for all the anime series they have listed on the PC version, but why isn't there another way to access those anime series on Crunchyroll on the IPhone and iPad? I have Premium membership and it frustrates me not to be able to watch all the anime I want :(
There are many major updates required
Crunchy roll has a wide variety of many new shows, but none are the classics. For example, I searched up "Dragon Ball Z" and nothing turned up. Also, while I was watching an episode, incredibly annoying ads were popping up. And most of the time they were the same over and over. It drives me insane when there's a black screen right before the ads. I ultimately refuse to purchase premium out of annoyance. I only buy something when I think it's worth it. Crunchy roll premium is NOT worth it. I hope that in the future they can stop with so many ads and bring back the amazing classics. Although they have extremely good clarity and easy to see movement in each episode, there is one more thing I have to discuss. When I put in "english" as both subtitle and language, it is Japanese. I have to constantly look down to see what the people are saying and then back up again to see what's going on. Then, a few minutes after that, BOOM! AN ADD! I think there are multiple things crunchy roll needs to improve.
Until May 14, crunchyroll worked just fine. I logged out last night because it's my habit. Tune in today to find ads don't load and I can't watch anything. I'm practically begging for ads to play again. Even then I'll get five or ten back to back and get about five seconds of a show before another ad. Is there something wrong with the service? It worked great, then y'all broke it. Until its fixed into working order, one star is my rating.
Edit: As of the 22nd it seemed to work despite now viewing 5 or 6 ads vs. 3 before. Not experiencing any new bugs. But having it not working was irritating. Bumped rating by two stars.
Edit: May 22nd, and it failed to let me resume my place on a show. I get one ad and then the notorious black screen. I might as well watch from an in-browser point because this app needs a metric load of garbage dumped on it to make me give it more attention than it's worth. Steer far away from this app on a mobile device. It's not worth the time unless they get off their butts and fix what they broke.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 22, 2016
- Version: 2.51.2
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Crunchyroll Inc.
- © 2015 Crunchyroll Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership$6.99
- Anime Membership$6.99
- Monthly Premium+ Membership$11.99
- All-Access Membership$11.99