Crunchyroll - Watch Anime & Drama Now!
By Crunchyroll, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now with Chromecast support ***
Watch over 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of latest and hottest Anime 1-hour after TV broadcast! Enjoy the current season and catch up on classic episodes of your favorite shows like Naruto Shippuden, One Piece, Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Bleach, Kill la Kill, Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-, Hunter X Hunter, and many more.
Start watching your favorite Anime immediately for free (no membership required), or experience Premium membership FREE during a 7 day trial. Sign up in the Crunchyroll App now!
With a Premium membership, enjoy the following features:
- No ads
- Watch newest episodes 1-hour after airing in Japan
- Access to HD and DVD quality videos
- Watch on PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku, and more
Using in-app purchase for recurring billing makes it easier than ever to subscribe to Crunchyroll’s premium service. In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to Premium for only $6.99 per month. (Amount in USD in US App Store)
- When you have confirmed purchasing the subscription, your iTunes Account will automatically be charged.
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged $6.99 monthly for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- The current subscription cannot be cancelled during active subscription period.
Crunchyroll licenses all its content directly and legally to bring you the best and most recent shows from Asia and support the content creators.
Not available in Japan.
Check local listings for availability.
What's New in Version 2.40.2
- Addressed issue with external output playback
- Video player controls now hide automatically
- Stability improvements
So much better than Funimation
This is THE app for streaming high quality anime, at a fair monthly price, with no commercials. (If you subscribe, that is)
This is so much more well made than the Funimation app. It has plus and minus 10 second buttons, allowing easy skipping. The touch sensitivity is perfect. The controls are, in short, EXACTLY RIGHT. I don't know how Funimation can even look at their app without feeling inferior in every way. The layout makes sense, doesn't bombard you with sales pitches for other merchandise, is organized in such a manner as to actually enable you to binge watch some random show without turning into a favorite (the queue) and when you come back to the app it actually re,e,bears where you left off. In fact, it actually has a decent history section for you. And it's queue is great as well.
Simply put, crunchyroll is the single best anime video app. Shame on Funimation for its half hearted merch pushing dinosaur of an app.
This app stops working on and some type of adds.
This rev of the app just came out so I thought I would get. Has the same problem the last rev did. 2 revs ago the app worked good now not so good.
Lots off shows but most of the time it gets stuck in the mid of the show. This app was very good at one time but now has problems with ads. The app will close after some types of ads. Sometime you will see the show without any problems. But other times you can't watch the show because the same ads will play and the show crash over and over. The only way to watch it is to stop the show and start it over again just to have it crash again.
The old rev of the app, if it got stuck on a ad, you could just turn off and on the network and it would start working. Now you can't do anything about it. I guess this is one way to get you to see more ads.
Best app of its kind
The latest Crunchyroll app update is just about as perfect as it could be for me. Everything plays as well as it always has, and I've gotten used to and now like the queue system a lot. What's really cool is how they added little features such as +10 and -10 second buttons when you have the video skin up. People who watch anime know you often want to move to a specific spot and dragging a slider on mobile is awful. Crunchyroll fixed that and it's these kind of improvements that show the developers/designers know what they're doing. Great job.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 14, 2015
- Version: 2.40.2
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Crunchyroll Inc.
- © 2015 Crunchyroll Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership$6.99
- Monthly Premium+ Membership$11.99