Crunchyroll - Watch Anime & Drama Now!
By Crunchyroll, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now with Chromecast support ***
Watch over 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of latest and hottest Anime 1-hour after TV broadcast! Enjoy the current season and catch up on classic episodes of your favorite shows like Naruto Shippuden, Attack on Titan, Bleach, Kill la Kill, Blue Exorcist, Hunter X Hunter, and many more.
Start watching your favorite Anime immediately for free (no membership required), or experience Premium membership FREE during a 7 day trial. Sign up in the Crunchyroll App now!
With a Premium membership, enjoy the following features:
- No ads
- Watch newest episodes 1-hour after airing in Japan
- Access to HD and DVD quality videos
- - Watch on PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku, and more
Using in-app purchase for recurring billing makes it easier than ever to subscribe to Crunchyroll’s premium service. In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to Premium for only $6.99 per month. (Amount in USD in US App Store)
- When you have confirmed purchasing the subscription, your iTunes Account will automatically be charged.
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged $6.99 monthly for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- The current subscription cannot be cancelled during active subscription period.
Crunchyroll licenses all its content directly and legally to bring you the best and most recent shows from Asia and support the content creators.
Not available in Japan.
Check local listings for availability.
What's New in Version 2.31.3
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Episode progress indicator for logged in users
- Bug fixes
Two Halves of a Penny, Both are Worthless Without the Other
I get it. I can see both sides of the coin. On one hand, I am upset that the app's quality is so low, but on the other hand, I understand that you need to make money. I understand that wherever your storing these thousands of videos must cost quite a bit to maintain and then add on to. Since few people by premium, the site needs to be flooded with adds, which could already have bugs. I could go on, but as far as I know, this is just a big waste of my time.
We really have no right to criticize you; because, we have been ignoring the laws if supply and demand. You SUPPLY the anime; we demand the anime. Who else can supply this much anime? WHO? Yes, we can go and surf the internet, jumping from site to site, in search of the anime we want, but only CrunchyRoll CONSISTENTLY brings us new anime, that we never would have even heard of, otherwise.
CrunchyRoll, it is all up to you. It may be difficult and extremely complicated, but please, do something, before it is too late, before some other company comes along and can do everything you do. Even if they are not as good as you, most of us will leave for them, because it feels as if CrunchyRoll is dead...
Decent, with some issues
I've been using this app for some time and am overall satisfied with this app. It is pretty good quality and I don't mind ads. The ads seem silly however when you would watch ads to begin with, then a 30 second intro, followed by more ads. Also, throwing ads at the final 10-30 seconds of an episode can be so off putting, especially if something is just about to happen. Finally, there have been many occasions where mid way through an episode, the screen would white out or black out, in which case I would have to reload the whole episode and watch two sets of ads just to get back where I was. That is annoying. Finally, I'm on Naruto Shippuden episode 350 and it seems like the website is missing about 10 episodes, so I've had to individually Google each one and play in that way through the app, which works because I'm still on crunchy, but it doesn't make sense that those episodes are not listed directly on the website. As if you misplaced a season on your links. All of which is keeping me from going forward from a membership account. Thank you for your time.
Keeps on freezing
I do not mind the Adds because it's the trade off for watching free anime; however, I am annoyed with the glitches. I get 3 different types of freezing bug: first is an Add would not start playing. I tried waiting for 10 minutes to see if it will play but it did not. I have to kill the app and start the show again including more Adds. Second type of freeze is the show itself would freeze. Same workaround - kill app and start over again. You can jump time after restarting but you have to watch more Adds and pray it would not freeze again. Third type of freeze is in the middle of the show, the screen would freeze for about 10 seconds, but the time keeps on ticking. When the screen start resuming play, you would have no idea what happened during the freeze. Jumping back in time does not remove the frozen time slot. I have to kill the app and start all over again.
I hope this is not a ploy to have more Adds viewed because user has to start the show all over again, in which you can't avoid the beginning Adds and the Adds after you jump time.
I was considering paying premium, but got discourage because of the freezing glitches.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 12, 2015
- Version: 2.31.3
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Crunchyroll Inc.
- © 2014 Crunchyroll Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership$6.99
- Monthly Premium+ Membership$11.99