Crunchyroll - Watch Anime & Drama Now!
By Crunchyroll, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now with Chromecast support ***
Watch over 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of latest and hottest Anime 1-hour after TV broadcast! Enjoy the current season and catch up on classic episodes of your favorite shows like Naruto Shippuden, Attack on Titan, Bleach, Kill la Kill, Blue Exorcist, Hunter X Hunter, and many more.
Start watching your favorite Anime immediately for free (no membership required), or experience Premium membership FREE during a 7 day trial. Sign up in the Crunchyroll App now!
With a Premium membership, enjoy the following features:
- No ads
- Watch newest episodes 1-hour after airing in Japan
- Access to HD and DVD quality videos
- - Watch on PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku, and more
Using in-app purchase for recurring billing makes it easier than ever to subscribe to Crunchyroll’s premium service. In-App Purchase information:
- Subscribe to Premium for only $6.99 per month. (Amount in USD in US App Store)
- When you have confirmed purchasing the subscription, your iTunes Account will automatically be charged.
- The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to Account Settings after purchase.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged $6.99 monthly for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
- The current subscription cannot be cancelled during active subscription period.
Crunchyroll licenses all its content directly and legally to bring you the best and most recent shows from Asia and support the content creators.
Not available in Japan.
Check local listings for availability.
What's New in Version 2.31.3
- Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Episode progress indicator for logged in users
- Bug fixes
Decent, with some issues
I've been using this app for some time and am overall satisfied with this app. It is pretty good quality and I don't mind ads. The ads seem silly however when you would watch ads to begin with, then a 30 second intro, followed by more ads. Also, throwing ads at the final 10-30 seconds of an episode can be so off putting, especially if something is just about to happen. Finally, there have been many occasions where mid way through an episode, the screen would white out or black out, in which case I would have to reload the whole episode and watch two sets of ads just to get back where I was. That is annoying. Finally, I'm on Naruto Shippuden episode 350 and it seems like the website is missing about 10 episodes, so I've had to individually Google each one and play in that way through the app, which works because I'm still on crunchy, but it doesn't make sense that those episodes are not listed directly on the website. As if you misplaced a season on your links. All of which is keeping me from going forward from a membership account. Thank you for your time.
I've had this app on my iPhone 5s for a long time and every once in a while it would glitch--low resolution, black screen, etc. I don't mind ads, because I know crunchyroll puts them there for a reason. So, it doesn't bother me in the least. What does bother me, however, is the ads playing in HD and no problems but the anime episodes themselves turn into a black screen that is inescapable. This happens much much more often now.
This app would be so perfect for me if watching a 22 minute episode didn't take 1 hour of constantly exiting out of the app, going back in, rewatching the same 4 ads--over and over and OVER--because the actual anime never plays...only the ads. It's frustrating and forces me to watch the episodes on my computer which has Adblock and essentially hurts crunchyroll since I don't watch the ads (if crunchyroll's ads work like youtube's).
Overall, I am disappointed this app is so glitchy.
I've had this app for a long time and I've watched a ton of different series on in and I love it. I understand adds are here so the app is free and we are not forced to pay for premium, but what I can't stand is lately there have been broken adds. It will play one or two ads and then instead of loading the next add, it just cuts to a black screen and I have to leave the app, start it up, go back just to watch the adds again and to get another black screen. After a few times of doing this it will start back up and work right but it will be several minutes behind where I was in the episode so I'll skip ahead to it and get another set of adds. It's gotten to the point where I'm watching an episode of just ads with commercial breaks of the anime.
please fix your ads.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 12, 2015
- Version: 2.31.3
- Size: 13.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Crunchyroll Inc.
- © 2014 Crunchyroll Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly Premium Membership$6.99
- Monthly Premium+ Membership$11.99