Crypt of the NecroDancer
By Brace Yourself Games
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Crypt of the NecroDancer is an award winning hardcore roguelike rhythm game. Move to the music and deliver beatdowns to the beat! Groove to the epic Danny Baranowsky soundtrack, or easily select songs from your own iTunes collection!
Awards & Accolades:
- Game Developers Choice Awards: WINNER, Best Audio
- Independent Games Festival: Excellence In Design Nominee
- Independent Games Festival: Excellence In Audio Nominee
- Gaming Age: “Unique, fun, and wildly imaginative” -- A+
- The Guardian: "You're gonna love it" -- 5/5
- TouchArcade: "One of this generation's finest games" -- 5 stars
- Pulse pounding rhythm-based dungeon crawling gameplay
- Play with any song in your music library!
- Randomly generated dungeons provide countless hours of fun
- GameCenter achievements & leaderboards
- Choose from one of 3 touch control schemes (dpad, edge, or swipe)
- Controller support
- BONUS: 6 playable remixed OSTs included!
What's New in Version 1.12
- Fixed issue with some tracks not working with "Random Soundtrack," causing trapdoors to appear or for boss levels to freeze.
- Re-ordered the list of Soundtracks in Options.
- The Shopkeeper now sings with the Chipzel soundtrack.
- Danganronpa tracks do not play when "Random Soundtrack" is selected.
Pretty much phenomenal
This game is polished, unique, and almost bug free. There is a huge bug with the pause button — if you pause and come back sometimes the game will freeze, causing you to lose your progress, which is frustrating. Sometimes the game will lag for no reason— as if the character is underwater.
Otherwise, the game is brutally difficult. It’s difficulty makes progress deliciously rewarding and there’s a somewhat consistent sense of progress, to keep you coming back. (That progress stops after a while though.) Regardless, the rush you feel after every run, success or fail, surpasses the frustration of the ridiculous learning curve. I do not recommend the game for anyone without a keen sense of rhythm; the rhythm is obviously a core part of the gameplay, and having not yet mastered keeping rhythm will make an already hardcore game a lot harder. You have been warned. However, if you have or are playing an instrument, like I am, then it’s a phenomenal game.
Great on PC, great on iPad, with two caveats
I love this game; I really do. It is super fun, original, and creative. However, there is one major oversight and one minor tweak that need to be fixed:
First, the major gripe: when using bluetooth headphones, there is no ability to compensate for bluetooth lag. We really need the ability to calibrate the audio, otherwise the game is quite un-fun. Since the iPhone 7 and 8 do not have headphone jacks, I only have bluetooth headphones now.
Second, the minor gripe: it would be really nice if you could enable keyboard controls for the iPad Pro hardware keyboard.
Keep it up, and keep it aweseome!
It lacks the amplified dlc, while they updated with the danganronpa crossover, it still feels like it needs the amp dlc to feel whole, in my opinion. While I recommend it to peeps still on the fence about buying this on steam, I don’t recommend it to those who are finicky about control schemes
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 13, 2017
- Version: 1.12
- Size: 2.19 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: TranscendSense Technologies Inc.
- © 2016 Brace Yourself Games
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes