Crypt Sync Files
By VADIM ZYBIN
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
You can store your encrypted files on external drives, network folders, cloud services and don’t worry about file security.
The Crypt Sync Files encrypts / decrypts and synchronize files between local folders and USB Drive, memory cards, network drives, folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.)
You can choose the encryption AES256 or ZIP archive with a password.
- Two mode of encryption. AES256 or ZIP archive with a password.
- Encryption / decryption and sync any number of folders same time.
- 6 modes of synchronizing.
- Tracking deletions in synchronized folders, real 2-way sync.
- Automatic encryption / decryption and synchronization on the fly, when there are changes.
- Schedule your encryption / decryption and synchronization for any time.
- Encryption / decryption and sync Macs across a network.
- Encryption / decryption and sync local folders and folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.)
- Encryption / decryption and sync external drives (USB, memory cards, etc.) with your Mac, and vice versa.
- Powerful filter for files and/or folders on the entry and/or exclusion.
- View the latest changes in synchronized folders. Quick view last changes and Finder Integration.
- Saving the synchronized files in a specific location ("Delete folder"). Using this mode you are insured against accidental deletion of files, and can always return all the files even if you are re-sync a few times. Structure of folders and subfolders stored in the "Delete Folder".
- Each sync task has the status showing when it was done last time.
- Run as Menu Bar App.
- Work in the background.
- Logging of the encryption / decryption and synchronization process.
- The app has a limitation on the size of the encrypted file. Encrypted file size must be less than 33% of the RAM Mac.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Re-signed app.
- Improved compatibility with OS X 10.11
- General improvements.
- New app icon
- The app prevents sleep mode during synchronization or using "Auto Sync" mode.
- Improved reading of the file structure
- Enable/disable showing App icon in the Dock
- Grayscale/Color icon in Menu Bar
- Enable/disable character indication of Sync-Results in Menu Bar. (Displays the different status of the App for people with limited color vision)
- Optional enabling "Reset of Error-Indication E" Every New Sync"
- Improved mode "Auto-Sync".
- Added button "Reset Database"
- the possibility to see the "Log All Events" and / or "Error Log"
- the possibility to choose the events for "Log All Events"
- the possibility to choose the events for "Error Log"
- enable / disable the creation of "Log All Events"
- enable / disable the creation of "Error Log"
- Added "Sync Subfolder Attributes".
- Show the date of the "Next Sync".
- Auto Sync every __ seconds for each task.
- Before sync check the changes in the folders after last start/finish sync
- Timer before Auto Sync
- Connect to network folders at launch
- Disconnect network folders after sync
- Close the main window without dialog box
- Show number of the files which has been read during reading file structure.
- Improved filter. Filter by the beginning, ending, exact match, any match string. =begin=String, or =end=String, or =exact=String, or ==String. So you can include / exclude hidden, tmp, with specific expansion and etc. files. You can use complex filtering conditions as (=begin=2009, and =end=.jpg,) or (=begin=2010, and =end=.png,). Possibility to make «Folder Filter» for sub-path as: =exact=subfolder1/subfolder2/subfolderN
- added "Error Log" (for logging error events only: "Was disabling folders during sync", "Directory not exist", etc.).
Not Happy - Not at all
I purchased this tool hoping for an easy/secure/encrypted backup solution which would be easy to setup and easy to recover my data if necessary. During tests, the filter methods are completely different than any other product on the market and none of them are documented. The developer did return one of my emails to answer this question, but the methods they gave me were documented NO WHERE (not even on their web page), and, when I asked if these details were documented somewhere, they did not return my email. Also, after sync’ing a set of files and encrypting them during the sync, how do you decrypt them? It seems there is no method to do this - you can sync and encrypt, but, if you need to get the data back, there is no method to decrypt. Pretty bad Greenworld….
1.3 Update Fail Now Corrected
ORIGINAL: 1 star
Failed to verify the preflight file. It is not signed by Apple.
Get Apple to solve this and it will become 5 stars.
UPDATE: Problem fixed in 1 day - GREAT response - 5 stars!
Not easy to use, convoluted U/I, good luck
I’ve used the a free file syncing app (Folder Sync) by this developer with good results. But I wanted an option to sync folders one way with out re-adding files from the secondary folder to my primary folder. It seemed like this CryptSync app would add a feature to do that and also encrypt the data on the secondary folder so I purchased it to give it a try.
After trying countless times to make this software work as advertised in a similar way to the Folder Sync app it had not done that. I was able to replicate encryption syncing to another folder (with out consistency) but reversing that process has not been achieved. After sending the developer a message he did promptly return my message with a canned response (to be fair he probable gets many questions daily on how to use this software because in many ways it’s U/I is like no other modern Mac app I have ever used) on how to do this which didn’t work. One way I have been able to unencrypt the .scrt files generated by this app is to run one of those files individually through another app “The Unarchiver”. Since it does not produce one encrypted file but encrypts ever single file in your encrypted folder you can imagine how fun this would be if you had to use it to retrieve your data with this method. There maybe an element of user error on my part but this stuff should “just work”, especially when you are trying to keep your data safe, and it doesn’t.
**Update! After hours of trial and error was able to “reverse encrypt” a folder but after trying to open those files they were corrupted an unusable, GREAT!
TLDR = App doesn’t not just produce a single encrypted file with a few clicks of the mouse that can be easily reversed, be prepared to spend an hour plus trying to figure out how to achieve your goal. Not confidence inspiring as a solution for safely encrypting and retrieving data back-ups.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Feb 15, 2016
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 2.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: VADIM ZYBIN
- © GreenWorldSoft
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor