By Black Labs Consulting, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Crypto-Families is a compact cryptogram where your mission is to decrypt 10 related words. Subjects cover a wide range of trivia topics including: The Beatles, Drinks, Science, Movies, London, Guitars, Pizza and 100's more. The puzzles are challenging, fun, witty, and can be solved in minutes.
• Top 10 iPad Word Game
• Featured by Apple as New And Noteworthy and What's Hot
• One purchase covers your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
• Game play tailored for iPad and iPhone
• Hint key to reveal answers
• Score book and puzzle manager
This is what our users are saying:
• "This is an excellent word puzzle game."
• "Of the numerous cryptogram genre games, this has the most polish, eye-candy and seamless gameplay."
• "It only takes a minute or two to play and you'll find yourself hitting 'new game' often -- it's fun!"
• "I just love the style of the design and it makes for solving the puzzle that much more special."
• "With a great interface and smooth game play, this will be a big hit."
• "A wonderful game. Beautiful graphics, challenging play. I loved every minute of it."
• "I no longer have to carry pen and paper around with this very portable puzzle set."
• "Consider it a hobby more than just a game."
• "Crypto-Families is inexpensive and fun -- well worth the price."
• "This app is fun! Very interesting and engaging! Nice graphics, and easy to play. This is a great word puzzle app."
Thank you to all the fans, especially those of you who have taken the time to write such warm reviews. More to come, stay tuned.
Follow us on Twitter @ilogophile
Become a fan of Crypto-Families at Facebook
What's New in Version 3.0
iPad Retina and iPhone 5 support for Crypto-Families, Cryptogram and Quotefalls.
- Added high resolution art for iPad retina support.
- New layout to get the most from the iPhone 5's larger screen, including a wider keyboard!
- Average puzzle times are now based on millions of scores.
Sorry for the long delay between updates - recreating all of the art at high resolutions for the retina iPads took a long time. Now that that task is over we'll get back to continuing to make Crypto-Families better and better.
OK, but not as nice as the daily version
The daily version (which is how I found this full app) has a cleaner interface. It's more noticeable which letters you have already used.
Also, I think there should be some sort of reset button (there isn't one in the daily version either) to start the puzzle over if you want to undo everything because it's not making sense. Deleting each letter an annoying way to have to clear out the puzzle.
Love having to think but still have fun at the same time. I have a suggestion: Sometimes you have the right answer but start it on the wrong space because there is more than one line with the same number of blank spaces. Is there anyway that the clock could stop or the letter you chose jump to the correct line so you are not penalized? This is not a complaint...just a thought. Thanks for a great game!
Great word game
I've always liked Cryptograms and their various offspring. This game is well thought-out, and has all the tools to make solving more fun and less drudgery. Only one worry, though. I have been going through word lists like crazy. . what happens when all the words are solved!!??
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 15, 2012
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 31.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Black Labs Consulting, Inc.
- © 2012 Norman Basham
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Movie Trivia$0.99
- Arts & Literature$0.99
- Scientific Voyage$0.99
- The World Of Sports$0.99