CryptoBar lets you easily display and monitor the prices of your favorite cryptocurrencies directly from your Mac menu bar.
- Support for 320 major Cryptocurrency coins (and over 2200+ pairs) including but not limited to: Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Litecoin (LTC), Ripple (XRP), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Dash, Factom (FCT), Komodo (KMD), Monero (XRM), Augur (REP), BitConnect (BCC), Civic (CVC), Dogecoin (DOGE), Emercoin (EMC), EOS Coin, Ethereum Classic (ETC), Gnosis (GNO), Iconomi (ICN), Icon (ICX), Iota (IOT), Melon (MLN), Namecoin (NMC), Neo, Novacoin (NVC), PeerCoin (PPC), Status (SNT), Steem (STEEM), Stellar Lumens (XLM), Tether (USDT), ZCash (ZEC), Ardor (ARDR), Binance (BNB), Bitshares (BTS), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Cardano (ADA), Hshare (HSR), Lisk (LSK), NEM (XEM), OmiseGo (OMG), Populous (PPT), Qtum, ReddCoin (RDD), Request Network (REQ), SALT, Stratis (STRAT), TenX (PAY), Tron (TRX), VeChain (VEN), Verge (XVG), Waves and 0x (ZRX) (Requires In-App)
- Prices can be displayed in over 15+ financial currencies including USD, EUR, JPY, CAD, AUD, CNY, INR, CHF and many more (depending on supported currency pairs)
- Possibility to set the app to automatically launch when you log in to your computer so you don't have to think about manually starting it again and missing out on important price variations
- 17 Exchanges currently supported: Binance, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Bittrex, BTC Markets, CEX.io, Coinbase, Coincheck, GDAX, Gemini, HitBTC, Huobi, Korbit, Kraken, Kucoin, Poloniex and Zebpay (Requires In-App)
- Color price changes (green / red / blue)
- Add the amount of coin(s) you own under the "Options" menu to get a real-time update on the total value of your Wallet, directly accessible from the Menu Bar
- Update Interval: choose wether you want real-time data or delayed information on your ticker
- CryptoBar Widget: Directly obtain your Wallet information from the MacOS Today Widget Center
- Possibility to set alerts and cutoffs for highs/lows so you won't ever miss a trade
Added support for ETC (Ethereum Classic) on Coinbase.
Ratings and Reviews
Great up until this last update...
The Cryptobar has been working great until this last update. I like the fact that you can imput your wallet and have it displayed. But in this last update, it has lost connection a couple times, and has also lost the ability on the options menu to pull up the prices from the various exchanges. I also do not like the menu screen, as it appears to have so many fewer options. The one part of the update I do like is the inclusion of more coins and tokens, however I wish they were available in USD, rather than in price per ETH or price per BTC, as for some coins and tokens this is useless, as they are priced so low they simply appear as being worth 0. Also, it would be nice if all the coins and tokens, in USD, were available to imput into the wallet.
App completely disappeared from Menu Bar after purchasing expert.
After unlocking the expert feature, I started to select a cryptocurrency (ADA) and was tinkering with this app, however the app display has completely disappeared from the menu bar. Additionally, upon installing other cryptobar like apps (to temporarily replace this one), I have discovered that NONE of them appear on the menu bar. The same thing happened on a iMac (thinking maybe it is my Macbook Pro which is not compatible somehow, I tried this app on my iMac, too). I restarted my Macs, closed all other applications, still nothing (just black) on the Menubar; when I click ‘open’ on my list of purchased apps, I can’t get this app to open (since nothing appears on the menubar).
Does what it should… perfectly
I looked at everyone of these types of apps and they all had little things that bothered me about how they worked. My biggest complaint were the tickers on most of the others were not real time. This application does exactly what I needed it to and the tricker is as realtime as you can get. Basically I wanted something that would give me the current price on BTC, ETH and LTC on the GDAX and would take up little space on my menu bar. Very happy with this app. I bought the pro version to support the programmer rather than duplicating the application on my Mac.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.