By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
CrytoEdit is an absolutely simple, powerful, and secure application to create and edit documents that are encrypted by default.
It handles TEXT, RTF, and RTFD (RTF with images) files.
All files are saved encrypted.
It is the ideal solution for managing private documents in plain text and RTF.
CryptoEdit allows you to edit documents with a simple word processor. It can handle text and images. All the features available in a modern, Cocoa-based RTF editor are available in CryptoEdit.
Text may be formatted using rulers, styles, and fonts of different sizes and colors. All font selections are available from standard menu dialogs and custom styles may be used.
CryptoEdit performs spell-checking in your native language and includes full text search. Insertion of images may be done with simple drag-and-drop.
CryptoEdit can import existing documents and export in standard TEXT, RTF, and RTFD. CryptoEdit documents are always saved encrypted for security. If it was saved, it was encrypted!
Saving a document with images (RTFD) creates a single file with all text and images encrypted.
CryptoEdit is ideal to protect important or reserved data on any Mac. In case someone get unauthorised access to a Mac, or in the worst case a Mac is stolen, the only way to be sure the user data won't be in the wrong hands is via encryption.
CryptoEdit let user use a sophisticate encryption method in a simple and easy way available to any Mac user.
CryptoEdit is so simple to use that except the use of the password to open the document, the user can even ignore to use a strong crypto tool.
It can operate as a service, offering the possibility to create a new encrypted document from a selected text inside any other application.
• Easy and simple
• Native for Cocoa
• Uses a strong AES-256 algorithms
• Save always as encrypted, helping you avoid security problems
• Full-featured editor with spell-check in any language; fully implemented search; insertion of images via drag-and-drop.
• Unbelievably fast. It decrypts and opens super-secure AES-256 files as if they were plain text. We've been making Macintosh encryption software since 2005.
• Inserts images with a simple drag and drop.
• Can import from TEXT, RTF and also from RTFD (Rich Text Format + embedded images)
• Can export documents as standard TEXT, RTF, RTFD (images included)
• Save as encrypted also embedded images
• Open and decrypt in a flash
• Can generate secure distributable documents
• Can add public notes visible without password for document general information
• AppleScript scriptable
• Stable and strong solid
• Offers a menu services addition to all the applications to create encrypted text from inside any other application on your Mac
What's New in Version 2.2
• Better management of Read Only/Write document flag
• Improved layout and toolbar
• improved Menu
• Minor bug fixes
• Optimized for macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 15, 2017
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tension Software s.a.s.
- © 2005-2017 Tension Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor