Cryptomator makes your cloud storage trustworthy. The app encrypts files on your mobile device before they are uploaded to your cloud. Even if a third party gained unauthorized access to your files (e.g., hacker attack), your files are secure from prying eyes.
Cryptomator has been developed with a strong focus on user-friendliness.
• Simply create a vault and assign a password
• No additional account or configuration needed
• Unlock vaults with Touch ID / Face ID
Cryptomator is compatible with the most commonly used cloud storages and available for all major operating systems.
• Compatible with iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, and WebDAV-based cloud storage services
• Access your vaults on all your mobile devices and computers
Cryptomator for iOS is based on the solid open-source foundation of Cryptomator for Desktop.
• File content and filename encryption with AES and 256 bit key length
• Vault password is secured with scrypt for enhanced brute-force resistance
• Vaults are automatically locked after sending app to background
• Crypto implementation is based on the open-source library Obj-C Cryptor and is publicly documented
Cryptomator received the CeBIT Innovation Award 2016 for Usable Security and Privacy. We're proud to provide security and privacy for hundreds of thousands of Cryptomator users.
Join the Cryptomator Community and participate in the conversations with other Cryptomator users: https://community.cryptomator.org
• Follow us on Twitter @Cryptomator
• Like us on Facebook /Cryptomator
- Fixed filename blacklist, some files and folders were hidden that shouldn't have been
Ratings and Reviews
Close, but not quite good enough
I should start by saying that Cryptomator is perfect on desktop; my issue is in iOS.
You can’t actually edit files in cryptomator in iOS. You can view them in the cryptomator app, but to edit them you have to download the file, edit it, then re-upload it to cryptomator and delete the old version. This process almost defeats the purpose, since there is always an unencrypted version of the file available on your phone (or on iCloud if you’re not careful), and really should be fixed. It’s an issue that’s been known since February 2018 at least, so it’s pretty unacceptable that it’s still an issue.
Close to perfect.
My only gripe with the iOS version is the inability to download files onto my device while keeping them in an encrypted vault. I often work and travel in bandwidth constrained environments (remote locations with no signal, flying without wifi, etc) and can’t use Cryptomator because I’m not connected to the internet. I don’t want to download unencrypted versions of the files from Crypomator partitions onto my device due to their sensitive nature, though. Being able to store encrypted files locally with Cryptomator would make it the ultimate secure storage solution for me.
I have been trying all sorts of encryption apps this week and I am glad I found Cryptomator. It does exactly what I need it to do. Easily protect my files on my Dropbox. Dropbox has the best syncing and now I have the best encryption to protect my files. And it unlocks my encrypted files with Face ID on my iPhone X. Very easy to upload encrypted files to my Dropbox from within the Cryptomator app. Highly recommended!
- Skymatic UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
- 40 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 cryptomator.org
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.