Do you have a database, library or collection which you need to use on-the-go, even when you don't have web access? If you do, this is the application for you. Using CSV Touch you can easily search, sort and look through your collections when away from your computer. So start carrying your DVD and CD library, your book collection, your wine testing notes, or any other database, library or list with you!
CSV Touch works by reading CSV files, a file format which almost all databases and applications like Excel, Filemaker, Access, Bento and others can export to. To get the CSV files on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, you can download the files the standard way using iTunes or open them from email attachments, Safari or e.g. DropBox. In addition, you can also download CSV files directly from the web (e.g. MobileMe) or from FTP server; if you do this, it is a simple click of a button to update the file when there is a new version available on the server.
Note that CSV Touch does not allow editing of your database. See http://www.ozymandias.se for more information and screenshots. If you think CSV Touch might be for you but are not sure, you can try CSV Lite which is free but restricted (only 1 CSV file with 150 items).
- Download CSV files using iTunes, from the Web or using FTP
- Open CSV files from within Mail, Safari, Dropbox and other iPhone/iPad apps (requires iOS 3.2 or higher)
- Fast search and sorting of items
- Support for links in your data (click web address to open Safari, phone number to make a call, email address to open Mail)
- Support for showing pictures from the web inside the application (requires internet connection)
- Handles any number of files
- Supports ",", ";", "|", space, or tab as column separator
- Handles all languages, including Japanese (requires UTF8 encoding; other encodings might also work)
- Handles thousands of objects without problems (depending on number of columns)
- Fixed landscape bug for iPad
Ratings and Reviews
Great to have my data on my iPhone
Importing my database of over 2400 records (with about 50 fields) was fast, flawless, and repeatable once I got the export settings right and the CSV Touch settings right. There is good information on the support site for the settings. Detection of urls, email address and phone numbers is terrific. Search is excellent. The different data "views" are well thought out. Support responded quickly to my email for help with the ftp syntax. If there was a pro version with editing and desktop/idisk/cloud syncing, I'd buy it in a New York minute.
Perfect for my book collection
Works great for my large csv file. I have thousands of entries and more than 20 columns. Fast, clear search with ability to reorder columns, and custom data separators. Clear and concise presentation of results. This is perfect! If i could give 10 stars i would. Love all the 'doesnt work' reviews with no detail! Silly geese!
Fast and efficient
I reviewed a previous version of this app. It's still fast and efficient, great for large files. I use it every day to search a database now approaching 13,000 lines.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.