Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you have a database, library or collection which you need to use on-the-go, even when you don't have web access? If you do, this is the application for you. Using CSV Touch you can easily search, sort and look through your collections when away from your computer. So start carrying your DVD and CD library, your book collection, your wine testing notes, or any other database, library or list with you!
CSV Touch works by reading CSV files, a file format which almost all databases and applications like Excel, Filemaker, Access, Bento and others can export to. To get the CSV files on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, you can download the files the standard way using iTunes or open them from email attachments, Safari or e.g. DropBox. In addition, you can also download CSV files directly from the web (e.g. MobileMe) or from FTP server; if you do this, it is a simple click of a button to update the file when there is a new version available on the server.
Note that CSV Touch does not allow editing of your database. See http://www.ozymandias.se for more information and screenshots. If you think CSV Touch might be for you but are not sure, you can try CSV Lite which is free but restricted (only 1 CSV file with 150 items).
- Download CSV files using iTunes, from the Web or using FTP
- Open CSV files from within Mail, Safari, Dropbox and other iPhone/iPad apps (requires iOS 3.2 or higher)
- Fast search and sorting of items
- Support for links in your data (click web address to open Safari, phone number to make a call, email address to open Mail)
- Support for showing pictures from the web inside the application (requires internet connection)
- Handles any number of files
- Supports ",", ";", "|", space, or tab as column separator
- Handles all languages, including Japanese (requires UTF8 encoding; other encodings might also work)
- Handles thousands of objects without problems (depending on number of columns)
What's New in Version 3.8.3
- Added file-specific encoding setting
Fast and efficient
After buying several csv readers, I've settled on this one. Files load quickly and the filtered search results are useful. Really very efficient. Unfortunately, the preference settings required to make it all work are not ready for non-professionals. I still haven't figured out how to get columns out of a tab-delimited file. I hope the developers will upgrade the look and feel and make loading easier - I would gladly pay for an upgrade.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 14, 2014
- Version: 3.8.3
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Simon Wigzell
- © 2008 Simon Wigzell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.