Can you navigate your way through Arkham City and survive with your sanity intact?
How will you fare against eldritch magic, insidious plots and the Elder Gods themselves?
Cthulhu Chronicles brings the terror and thrill of Chaosium’s award-winning role-playing game Call of Cthulhu to life on your mobile device. It emulates the tabletop experience, giving you choices to make, enemies to fight and mysteries to uncover. Mystery, intrigue, horror, and madness await your investigator, who can gain insights and lose sanity as they chart their way through Arkham City’s various interactive stories. Each story presents its own challenges and also plays a part of a larger campaign, which unfolds around you as you play. It is a great way to introduce yourself to the thrill of Call of Cthulhu, or, if you are already a player, to dive into a game and get a touch of Mythos on your own!
- Immersive Lovecraftian Horror interactive fiction stories set in 1920s New England.
- Several investigators to play, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, storylines and unique choices.
- Choices that matter: each story has multiple endings and numerous clues to uncover, unlocking new storylines and outcomes.
- The official Call of Cthulhu Interactive Fiction game developed in partnership with Chaosium Inc.
- Evocative ambient soundtrack by official Call of Cthulhu contributors Chad Fifer, Cryo Chamber, Graham Plowman and others.
You can play the stories 3 times per day for free. Additionally, you can buy tickets to purchase stories to play them as much as you want.
Thank you for playing the game and giving us feedback! We fixed the following issues:
- Behind-the-scenes fixes and improvements to address the issues related to initial update download.
- Fixed the visual glitch on clues that have not been found yet
- It is now possible to mute sound while playing online
Ratings and Reviews
Good idea, execution needs work
If you’re as addicted to Lovecraftiana and as disposed to role playing games as I am, you’ve probably already downloaded this.
And it’s not bad.
If you’re not able to play CoC as much as you’d like, it’s a diverting little dose of fun. There are some bugs still to work out (for example there’s a spot where you simply can’t advance the game because the one button to push doesn’t respond), and it would be nice if the graphical aspects of the game were a little more polished. My biggest gripe is with the writing — in particular a really clumsy and unwelcome bit of anachronistic transgender political stuff that pops up in one episode and casts an irritatingly modern and trendy pall over the whole thing. Part of the pleasure of this whole idea is being immersed, even imperfectly, in another time, and modern posturing on the part of the writers tends to destroy the atmosphere (not to mention the grammar).
But if you can get past that, it’s a good, brief way to get your Cthulhu fix when a fuller, long-form game is not possible.
Nearly perfect with one minor issue
I've really enjoyed this app. From the UI and UX to the content. Very well implemented. The only complaint I can make at this time is that once I open a story and am presented the list of Investigators from which to choose, I can not back out to the main screen again. It would be beneficial to allow users to back out of the Investigator selection screen and return to the Lobby.
Really excellent interactive fiction — totally recommended. Evocative writing, great replay value, excellent presentation. The achievement-style clues are a nice touch, and totally love the way the narration changes - often subtly - to reflect the POVs of the different protagonists. The suspense escalates at just the right pace, and choices feel intuitive and consequential, never arbitrary. Really classy stuff, 10/10 my dude.
Glad you really enjoyed it! We're can't wait to release our newest story next week!
- MetaArcade, Inc.
- 357.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 MetaArcade
- In-App Purchases
- Medium Tickets Bundle $4.99
- Small Tickets Bundle $0.99
- Large Tickets Bundle $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.