Cthulhu Saves The World
By TinkerHouse Games
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The XBLA and Steam indie hit finally comes to apple computers!
The lord of insanity, Cthulhu was all set to plunge the world into insanity and destruction when his powers were suddenly sealed away by a mysterious sorcerer. The only way for him to break the curse is to become a true hero. Save the world to destroy it in an epic parody RPG journey of redemption, romance, and insanity!
- Old school RPG style mixed with modern design sensibilities!
- Inflict insanity upon your opponents for fun and profit!
- 6-10 hour quest with unlockable game modes & difficulty levels for increased replay value.
- Highlander mode – XP gains are quadrupled, but only one character can be brought into battle at a time!
- Score Attack mode – Gain points by defeating bosses at the lowest LV possible!
- Overkill – Jump to LV40 in a single battle! Perfect for replays and experimentation!
- Cthulhu's Angels mode – Remix mode with new playable characters, new dialogue, new bosses, and more!
- All of the great features players know and love from Breath of Death VII: The Beginning have returned – fast-paced gameplay, combo system, random encounter limits, branching LV-Ups, and more!
What's New in Version 1.1
Fixed OSX 10.9+ crash issue
What can I say?
THE BEST THING
Do yourself a favor and get this game.
Best RPG Ever Made!!!
I cannot stress just how awesome this game is! It is so well written and super funny! You'll laugh out loud the whole game! It has a classic turn-based battle system. There are a fixed amount of random battles per area, but you can force fights even when there are not any random battles left in that area. This way you can level up until you get bored of grinding battles. I don't think there is a level cap. My characters are well into their 50th levels.
There aren't a lot of weapons and items, but the ones you get are awesome! You will end up building a super strong party. You'll have more characters than you can bring into battle, but all characters get experience points from battles and level up together. Part of the strategy of the game is choosing the right characters for the right battles.
+ Unlockable game modes
+ Great story with funny dialog
+ Save game anytime anywhere
+ Fun & interesting party members
+ Beautiful old school pixelated graphics art
+ Ability to force battles extending gameplay
+ Great selection of techniques & magic spells
+ Classic turn-based battle system with combo system
+ Many different character builds leading to great reply value
- Not a lot of weapons and armor
- Can only equip weapons & armor
- Cannot create your own party members
- Can only bring 4 party members into battles
No crashes or bugs to report. The game was made with a lot of love for the genre! It's an awesome game and well worth the asking price. I fully recommend this game to all RPG lovers! It's a great game! The game run great on both of my Mac's!
Here are my iMac system specifications: Apple iMac 27" LCD, i5 Quad-Core Intel processor 3.1GHZ, AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB dedicated video RAM, 4GB system RAM, 1TB hard drive running OS X version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), Journaled HFS+ Extended file system, Logitech optical USB mouse.
Here are my MacBook Pro system specs: Apple 15" LCD PowerBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 4MB system RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT with 256MB dedicated video RAM, running OS X version 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), HSF+ Extended file system, Logitech optical USB mouse.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 20, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 212 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TinkerHouse Inc.
- © Zeboyd Games
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later