By Richard Townsend
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Cub Tracker makes it easy to record and monitor your pack, den or individual scout's advancement and contact information with the latest 2017-18 Cub Scout Rank Advancement Requirements. Cub Tracker works with one or an unlimited number of scouts. Manage an entire pack with one app. There are no limits on the number of scouts or the number of years it can be used. Call parents, send a text or email with a touch of a button within the app.
Created by a den leader to manage his growing den and pack, Cub Tracker does not require an internet connection. It can be used in the field to record progress as it occurs. Simple and easy to use, Cub Tracker is available for both the iPhone and iPad.
- Requires no internet connection or cell phone signal to record or access data. Use in the field when out on adventures.
- All data is stored on your device exclusively.
- Create up to 24 dens.
- Add an unlimited number of scouts.
- Track each scouts advancement through all required and elective belt loop adventures.
- Record award completion and presentation dates.
- Includes Bobcat, CyberChip, and Webelos active service requirements.
- Take screen shots of requirement checklists to send as reports to the Cubmaster, parents, etc.
- Create and store meeting logs including notes and attendance.
- Contact scout parents via phone, text, and email directly in the app.
- No advertisements, fees, expirations, or limits on use.
What's New in Version 1.2
- Now you can easily take screen shots of the requirement summary and detail pages for each scout as a progress report to send to the Cubmaster, parents, etc. The screen shots are saved in your device's photo library to email or text to anyone.
- Screen shot recipients don't need the app to read the report, it is viewable by any device.
- Several new meeting types to choose from.
- Landscape mode now supported on iPhone in addition to iPad.
- Various bug fixes.
I just started the Cub Scout program with my kids. I volunteered as the tiger Den Leader. I love the app and how it’s laid out. Easy to use and send updates to parents. Only con I have to this is that it doesn’t sync up between my phone and iPad, and he doesn’t allow me to save the contact directly to the phone and iPad. Besides that great job on the app.
Very helpful for Den leaders and a great option for parents who are looking for a more affordable option to buying the books. I only wish there was a way to have it on multiple devices so that both leaders can access it.