Cuba Travel Guide featuring Havana, Varadero and more!
By Travel Guide with Offline Maps B.V.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Old cars, cigars and colonial architecture: our Cuba Travel guide offers you complete and up to date city guides for Havana, Varadero and Santiago de Cuba as well as detailed information for other travel destinations in Cuba.
Features of the Cuba Travel Guide:
This free app brings you city guides for many cities in Cuba including Havanna, Santa Clara and more
* Each travel guide has a sightseeing section with all major monuments.
* For each city in Cuba we have an eating out section with the best restaurants.
* Bars, pubs & nightlife section for all major cities in Cuba.
* An offline map of Cuba and offline city maps for all major cities.
* A phrasebook with useful Spanish phrases.
* The travel guide has a complete background information on Cuba.
* App works offline.
* Free app - no hidden costs.
What people say:
"Leave your Lonely Planet or Frommers at home. Your phone and a Travel Guide is all you need."
"Travel Guide works offline and even has an offline map. So no roaming charges. And it's free!"
About our guides:
We make great, interactive travel guides.
To make our guides we use the content that is freely available. Open content sites like Wikitravel, Wikipedia, World66 and Openstreetmap are among the best resources for any traveler. Our mission is to make that content relevant for you. So we mix and mash and annotate - and we distill great, relevant travel guides out of it.
We like open content. In fact some of us were involved in World66, one of the first open content travel guides on the web. Our travel guides are very much a re-mix of open content out there.
Currently we're using content from: Wikipedia, Wikitravel, World66, Open Streetmaps, DMOZ and Chefmoz
We're big fans of these projects. If you stumble across some inaccurate information in this guide, we would appreciate it if you correct it on the web site of these projects.
What's New in Version 6.0.1
We’ve got a new look! We’ve got bigger pictures, brighter colors and cooler icons. The whole redesign is focused on making it easier to discover what’s great about a destination. We hope you’ll enjoy it just as much as we do!
You’ll notice the new design immediately, but we also added a bunch of new features you’ll love:
- New and improved trip planning! Plan and manage your trip directly from the home screen. Add dates and save all the places you want to visit in one place.
- Catch a ride! If Uber is available where you are, we can help you get a ride. You will see an Uber icon below each place of interest that lets you know how long it will take to get an Uber. Tapping the button opens the Uber app with the starting point and destination already selected.
- Find out where to hang out! Discover the cool areas more easily by searching exactly where you want to go. Instead of searching by city alone, we added a feature that allows you to search for smaller districts, neighborhoods and even regions on an island. Now you will get a complete and more accurate list of things to do in that area.
- And as always, we've updated our guides with new places and small tweaks to improve your experience.
Fabulous Guide with offline GPS maps!
5 stars and more if I could!
We just returned from a week in 'internet-challenged' Cuba and this app was very, very handy!
The maps work without any roaming cellular data needed and so you are able to orient yourself, find where you want to be and also add in extra destinations etc that are not included in the listings. The maps work in a very similar interface as google maps but they use local geo-positioning points so you can really get by ‘off-the-grid’. The listings are well written (and to our experience very accurate), with main points of interest, some banks, restaurants, etc. these are described well and often with detailed historical/political/geographical detail as well as adding practical information as to opening times and costs etc.
I hope the app continues to develop and perhaps allows user-input to add new finds for restaurants, casa particulars and thing-to-do.
Well done developers :)
Awesome and Necessary - A Must-have
This app is great. The offline maps were perfect and let me see where I was, what was nearby and also save locations (my casa or a restaurant) to find again later.
The tips were good but I do hope they continue adding more locations.
Great history and information - an absolute must-have app for any trip to Cuba.
The Cuba app's offline gps was a lifesaver! We used it every single day during our 8 day trip in Varadero and Havana. We used it to find restaurants, places to hang out, museums, the map, and especially the phrase book!
Thank you for creating this app!
I highly recommend that everyone traveling to Cuba download this app now.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 22, 2016
- Version: 6.0.1
- Size: 147 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Travel Guide with Offline Maps B.V.
- © 2016 Triposo Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Triposo Pro Account$6.99