Cubasis 2 - Mobile Music Creation System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
iCloud Drive export requires iOS 10.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 8.5/Pro 9, Cubase Artist 8.5/9, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 2.1
• Audiobus 3 support — Connect your favorite MIDI controller and filter apps, and enjoy seamless workflows
• MIDI Editor refresh — Quickly edit your MIDI tracks and creatively compose, sustained by most accurate tools and ultra-intuitive interface design
• RoomWorks SE* — Utilize the powerful reverb effect delivering pro-quality sounds that enrich your tracks with shine and extra sparkle
• Over 40 improvements — Experience utmost performance paired with rock-solid stability
For a complete list of improvements, issues and solutions please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasis.
We hope you find the latest feature additions useful.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store! Thank you.
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
It's a Glorified GarageBand, I wish I could get my money back!
I bought this app April 12, 2017 after debating between getting Cubasis or Auria. After all, they are $50 dollars each so I gave Cubasis a chance since Auria had so many bad reviews about crashing and other issues.
Cubasis interface is cute and modern but the app is far away from being a semi serious DAW. It doesn't come with a lot of Audio effects and they are very limited if you're thinking of editing. They are not flexible enough and they don't make it easy to get your best sound.
NO EFFECTS PRESETS whatsoever. I'm a musician but not a sound engineer, even though I know a huge deal of mixing but still you don't want to waste time trying to figure the right EQ for female vocals, for example.
The Amp simulator is a joke. Really, it is. There is nothing to it.
Loops are limited as well, not a big library and it's mostly pop rock and electronic. You are better off programming your own rhythms than relying on this loops.
The synths and instruments sounds are acceptable, not impressive.
Please correct me if I'm wrong but there is NO PUNCH IN/PUNH OUT option.
No time signature change.
The idea is good but it seems pretty BASIC considering that you to pay $50 for something very very BASIC.
Fantastic Songwriting Tool
Hats off to the developers: Cubasis continues to grow in power and ease of use. While it doesn't have the hardcore mixing tools of some other iOS DAW options, it's a fantastic app for creating your tunes, with a clear layout, powerful internal instruments, and a top-notch midi editor.
Truth be told, it's even narrowing the mixing gap with the recent additions of a powerful channel strip, Roomworks SE reverb, and AU support. Cubasis really is a blast to use. Highly recommended.
I wish I can give you more than 5 stars for this great application.
I can finally doing my translation voiceover recordings and edits on the iPad only with Zoom H6 Recorder connected to the Lightning port via Apple Lighting to USB connector.
I am relying on you, please be careful with updates. :))) Don't break it. :)
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 27, 2017
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 1.03 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays$6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX$6.99