Cubasis 2 - Mobile Music Creation System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
iCloud Drive export requires iOS 10.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 8.5/Pro 9, Cubase Artist 8.5/9, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 2.2
• Classic Machines (in-app purchase) — Refill Cubasis with the unmistakable sounds of the ten most wanted iconic drum machines of the ’80s
• Note repeat — Program beats and chords the easiest way
• Track duplicate — Simply tap a button to create exact track copies
• Pad mapping copy & paste — Transfer your favorite drum and chord pad mappings to other tracks smoothly
• Cubasis reset option — Flick a switch to solve unexpected issues on the fly
For a complete list of improvements, issues and solutions please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
We hope you find the latest feature additions useful.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app in the App Store!
Long time user, some features needed.
Been using Cubase/Cubasis in one form or another for over 25 years. Looking for an iOS version, I am fairly happy with what is included, however, a few glaring features are missing:
- Multiple file import to the Media Bay (user audio or MIDI) from any method - I.e. the ability to select more than one file at a time. In fact, being able to import entire folders to become sub-folders would be even better.
- Ability to create, rename and move sub-folders into “My Audio Files” (or other Media Bay folders such as MIDI) in order to better organize content that is either global (loops, etc.) or project-specific (song parts etc.) would greatly enhance and speed up work-flow.
- Keyword search for Media Bay content.
- Audio time-stretch processing (tempo or time-based).
These are standard features in Steinberg’s desktop DAW’s. I am hoping they can add them to an upcoming update to make mobile music production more on par with the desktop platform.
Update 10/27 - Thanks - I just noticed time-stretch. It looks like it is enabled through graphic manipulation of the audio part rather than entering tempo or time values. I guess that should suffice for now.
Still not formatted for the iPad Pro 12.9!
iPad Pro 12.9” has been around for two years now. But the developer still hasn’t created a version of Cubasis suitable for use on that device’s larger screen and higher resolution. As such, I only use Cubasis for brief periods of time before my eyes start to hurt from the blurry text and interface. This is supposed to be a pro-level DAW! (Guess what gentlemen, pros are using the 12.9” iPad Pro!)
Believe me... It's NOT expensive!!!!
This is what you as an "Audio producer" or "musician" are looking as a portable "ProTools kind of app" for your iPad. Cubase make me switch just with it. It is so easy and stable that it will scare you.
For broadcasters or radio station producers, this is the tool that will let you work anywhere and be productive everywhere!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 04, 2017
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 1.10 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2017
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays$3.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX$3.99
- Classic Machines$3.99