Cubasis 2 - Mobile Music Creation System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretch and pitch shift, a studio-grade channel strip, Spin FX, massive instrument refills and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretch and pitch shift featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, Haliotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 16 effect processors
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord- and drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 8/Pro 8.5/Pro 9, Cubase Artist 8/8.5/9, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 8/9.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 2.0
• A Refreshed User Interface – Enjoy profound usability by straightforward workflows
• Real-time Time-Stretch – Tempo match audio loops to your song’s tempo in a snap
• Pitch shift with formant correction – Easily change keys of any tracks and tune them to perfection
• A studio-grade channel strip – Reach true sound perfection for all channels
• Spin FX – Tweak and mash-up your tracks with DJ-like breaks, stops and stutters
• MicroSonic TAPE instruments – Perfectly recreate trademark sounds from the ’60s era
• 76 new Micrologue presets – Lay down your tracks with cutting-edge modern synth sounds
• Factory loops tempo match – Enjoy the freedom to use included audio loops at any tempo
• MIDI Auto Quantize – Sync MIDI tracks with the beat while recording
• Ready for iOS 10 – Cubasis 2.0 is fully tested and proven iOS 10 compatible
• Maintenance and improvements – For the complete list of improvements, issues and solutions please visit www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum
Please support us by rating this app on the App Store if you like it!
Now it's excellent.
I was very harsh on early versions of Cubasis due to severe project data losses and crashes and max 16bit depth, lousy effects etc. That's NOT the case anymore.
I've always preferred the interface and fluid workflow. The general design makes me want to use this the most.
Now with automation, better effects (not great) and vastly improved stability, Cubasis is my goto iDAW.
Auria is still technically superior, there's no doubt about that. Thing is, Cubasis has caught up enough to the point where the shortcomings or gap between the two has narrowed greatly.
I find myself using this almost exclusively now.
I bought the FX pack with the reverb, stereo imaging, delays etc and generally prefer them over the stock counterparts. They are worth the price and are not bad at all. Not exactly anything remotely as good as Auria's plug ins, but with the way we can route things so easily these days, there are plenty of excellent FX apps to bring into the flow.
The included instruments have gotten a little better, some still sound cheap. The guitars are mediocre at best.
MIDI use with Cubasis is as easy as it gets. Even audio centric folks like me who are slightly midi handicapped at times can get along without troubles.
This is getting too long. So I'll end with a simple, yes get Cubasis. It's way better now than it's early versions were.
Okay daw if you use apps, no so good if you use external gears
1) If you have an external gear, it does not support midi input clock (as clearly explained in the manual).
2) there is no way to recall your favorite instruments for your external gears
3) it blocks sustain midi message to other applications (e.g. Korg module). Please fix it.
This was a great update. Loved the new features. Stable too.
Keep up the good work, guys!!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 22, 2016
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.03 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays$6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX$6.99