Cubasis - Music Production System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in high-resolution audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with three virtual instruments which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-Bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALionSonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler with more than 20 instrument sounds to create your own instruments
• Mixer with 15 effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
• AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
• Export to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy & email
• MIDI clock and thru support
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Full Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase 7.5/Pro 8, Cubase Artist 7.5/8, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 8.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 1.9.6
• Full iOS 9 compatibility
• New Audiobus SDK 2.2.1
• Audio device information has been added to setup
• CB-2448 Fixes a problem where resizing of the keyboard was not possible
• CB-2453 Solves an issue where the audio and automation editor action list icons appeared greyed out
It's Okay, but needs work
MIDI piano roll view is VERY quirky, especially when using the marquee select tool. Also, it gets confused between vertical and horizontal when pinching to zoom in or out.
Sometimes IAA connections are shown to be active when they are not, and the only way to restore them is to remove them and re-insert (to be fair, that might be due to IAA bugs in iOS 8.x or the individual apps)
Beside that, It's fairly reliable and usable.
Crashing a lot after this update
It's super buggy now. Zooming in on tracks is difficult. Fine editing like cutting, and moving them (placement) of MIDI/wav files on the timeline is too limited, just not accurate enough. I can only zoom in so much before the timeline freaks out. When touching a file and the timeline is jumping around, the file under my finger stays in the shame place, causing all types of headaches. But now add on the crashing, this is too much.
I can't get any other app to record into this, so all I can use is the extremely limited built in sound library. I have sooooo many synths and music apps that I now can't use. Without this feature, this is basically a $50 toy. Fix it, or refund me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 14, 2015
- Version: 1.9.6
- Size: 530 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays$6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX$6.99