Cubasis 2 equals ease of use and is as powerful as a fully featured iOS-based music production system can be pushing your capabilities out of limits. Whether you’re capturing simple ideas or complex musical masterpieces — It ships with outstanding, touch-optimized tools carrying you into the fun of recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world right away. Get fascinated by the brand new features that Cubasis 2 comes with such as real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting, a studio-grade channel strip, pro-sounding effects, massive instrument refills, a refreshed MIDI Editor and many more powerful features. Put hands on three internal instruments, numerous loops and instrument sounds to creatively lift your music to perfection using the included mixer and effects. Once recorded, share your music with the world via a simple tap or transfer it directly to Cubase.
• Unlimited number of audio and MIDI tracks
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support
• Real-time time-stretching and pitch-shifting featuring zplane’s élastique 3
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 126 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 120 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic, HALiotron and Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler to create your own instruments (includes 20 factory instruments)
• Mixer with studio-grade channel strip per track and 17 effect processors
• Super-versatile RoomWorks SE* reverb effect providing uniquely professional sound and an intuitive graphical display for instant visual feedback at slightest parameter changes
• Fully automatable DJ-like Spin FX effect plug-in
• Over 550 MIDI and time-stretch-capable audio loops
• Virtual keyboard, chord and drum pads with intuitive note repeat control
• Sample Editor and Key Editor with MIDI CC support
• Refreshed MIDI Editor with ultra-intuitive, lightning fast and accurate handling to edit MIDI tracks and compose music easier than ever before
• MIDI Auto Quantize
• Track Duplicate
• Automation, MIDI CC, program change and aftertouch support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus 3 support to use compatible apps as insert/send effects and virtual instruments or simply record their audio output
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• MIDI clock and MIDI thru support
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
*User registration required to unlock RoomWorks SE reverb effect.
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Audio Unit and Waves plug-in (in-app purchase) automation requires iOS 10 or higher. Audio Unit MIDI and Files app require iOS 11 or higher.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 9/Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9/9.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 9 or higher.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
Audio Unit full-screen support*:
Tweak sounds and parameters with utmost accuracy, using Cubasis’ super-sized full-screen support for Audio Unit instruments and effects plug-ins. Enjoy maximum productivity, creativity and flexibility, switching between the available screen sizes at lightning speed with only a few taps.
ROLI NOISE Seaboard and Drum Grid visualizer support*:
Experience a new approach to making music, using ROLI’s free downloadable NOISE app within Cubasis. Create inspiring drum and melody parts through intuitive gestures, using the unique Seaboard and Drum Grid visualizers, now directly accessible via Cubasis’ Audio Unit full-screen mode.
MIDI CC support for compatible Audio Unit effects plug-ins*:
Easily remote control your favorite compatible Audio Unit effect plug-ins via external controllers. No matter if you’re moving effect knobs via MIDI Learn or switching presets via program change — if your Audio Unit effects plug-in supports it, it can be done in Cubasis with great ease.
Maintenance and improvements:
Cubasis is designed from musicians for musicians to provide you with the best-possible user experience, highest performance and rock-solid stability. Visit us for the complete list of improvements, issues and solutions included in Cubasis 2.6 at www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
If you like Cubasis, please support us by rating this app on the App Store!
*Requires iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
The Most Stable Music App in the AppStore
I purchased Cubasis and Auria at the same time. Before Auria was known as Auria pro. I was making music on the iPad since the first beat maker app in 2007. I have to say that Cubasis is the most stable app there is of all the music apps in the App Store that I have and I have hundreds of dollars worth. I love the power combined with the simplicity that this app offers along with its flexibility to use IAA and AUs. But, all that means nothing without reliability. Which is what this app has when I save a project it is saved. When I put it in a zip file off load it to Dropbox or store it in an external drive erase it then reload it another day it is there!!!! So many other apps I have lost projects not Cubasis now even if I create in another app I export the stems to Cubasis for mixing and saving I don’t trust any other app for saving my projects.
If Cubasis had a sampler section like Beatmaker 3, if they get more Waves plug ins and get rid of their channel strip plug in and eq plug in taking up 2 slots, better levels meter, and the ability to do punch in recordings that record over audio the moment you hit record (the last one is not a biggie if you re-record until you get it right but if you love doing punch ins it’s a biggie). You will no longer need anything else but Cubasis hands down I promise you that!!!!!
Neon Taylor Approves
I’ve been using Cubasis/Cubase to too long now to not have left a review until now, it wasn’t until more than a handful of ppl started to ask me to start doing tutorials for cubasis that I really started to think how powerful it really is for an iOS device, I have been making music strictly on the iPad since 2011 so I’ve seen how the iOS music scene has developed over the years rather then just stumbling upon it now so I guess the wow, shock and awe has faded a lil and with these music apps doing updates here and there sometimes it would be more feasible to work with one specific daw because it has feature another doesn’t at the moment but cubase/cubasis has never let me down, the workflow is so smooth and proficient that it leaves more room for creativity and time and the sounds that come with it are some of the most lushes sounds that I’ve heard from any music app I’m a Beatmaker3/Reasons kind of guy but cubase/cubasis will always have a special place with me
Hi Neon, Many thanks for your great review and rating! Please make sure to share the links to your tutorials in our forum, to let other users see them (www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum). Thanks again! Lars
Learn or burn
As soon as i entered my audio or used the drum samples from Cubasis own media port the pitch was different by at least a whole note also sounds compressed and weak. I went into settings and made some adjustments to the quality, sample rate.... and its better now. Before There was ducking happening. That too was the low settings either i made or it was already set up that way. Sound would fade in and out against any sound that that competes. Lots of potential here now that i figured it out but i spent a lot of time on it with embarrassing results. If you are like me and never used Cubase you might be in for a challenging learning curve. The help manual will not recognize my simple questions for example; i type in freeze. It responds; do you mean unfreeze? I still dont understand freeze. I’ll get to it eventually but i have made recordings and got some compliments on soundcloud so i guess so far i dont need to be frozen. 5 stars when you put in a tuner and let us see (like in Fruity Loops) the (Letter) Note we are playing.
Thanks for your positive review and rating, hi fi Cary! Please make sure to have a look at the wide range of Cubasis tutorials (https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=82110) and pay us a visit at the forum (www.steinberg.net/cubasisforum). Best Lars
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2018
- In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays $3.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX $3.99
- Classic Machines $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.