Cubasis - Music Production System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in high-resolution audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with three virtual instruments which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-Bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALionSonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler with more than 20 instrument sounds to create your own instruments
• Mixer with 15 effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
• AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
• Export to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy & email
• MIDI clock and thru support
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Full Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase 7.5/Pro 8, Cubase Artist 7.5/8, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 8.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 1.9.7
This maintenance update fixes some minor bugs and includes the latest version of the AudioCopy 3.1 SDK.
More information can be found at steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
Please rate this app on the App Store if you like it!
Favorite DAW Overall
A real pleasure doin' business with this. Smooth & intuitive UI plus an easy to navigate media browser set Cubasis apart from the poor man's DAW. It goes on sale once in a blue moon for $30-35 but I'd suggest buying it right away and diving straight in. I've barely scratched the surface but I see the depth and complexity is there - no need to rewrite the description. Everything works fine, the In-App Purchases (FX) sound great and it plays well with Inter-App Audio & Audiobus. Also supports Audiocopy.
*Only thing I'd recommend is the ability to import straight from AudioShare. You guys are leaders and certainly the other guys will follow. It would save time, space, energy, money...ect. Thanks, keep up the good work.
It's a disaster!
Running anything through IAA will give unpredictable results such as instruments triggering on their own, effects stop working after switching between Cubasis and the app you're using as an effect. There's still no AU support, meanwhile other apps are using it. AU would bring more stability as opposed to IAA which makes this app a complete disaster. Don't waste your money here. You'll only get frustrated and never get anything done because you'll spend more time troubleshooting instead of making music. Multitrack Studio may be a better alternative.
Weaknesses: unfriendly piano roll midi editor (use Genome MIDI), no internal side chain compression (use AUFX: Push), sampler needs option for 1-shot/hold on sample playback (create multiple kits with open/close release). Otherwise Cubasis has become one of the best on the market and continues to improve.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 02, 2015
- Version: 1.9.7
- Size: 531 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays$6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX$6.99