By Distrust Simplicity
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Important Note: Cubits is currently not compatible with the recently updated 3D Warehouse. We intend to address the issue in a forthcoming release.
Cubits lets you download, view, and save 3D models from Trimble 3D Warehouse, or load your own KMZ files exported from SketchUp. Explore the thousands of high-quality models, including those from the Google Earth building layer, or show off your own projects.
• Load KMZ files exported from SketchUp — sync them using iTunes, or open them from Mail attachments or other apps that support document sharing, such as Dropbox.
• Pan, rotate, and zoom with intuitive, orbit-style multitouch gestures
• Choose your own background colors and style — a solid color or gradient between high and low "sky" colors with optional ground plane
• Find nearby models based on your current location
• Reveal a model's real-world location on a map
• Take screenshots to sync back to your computer or use in other iPhone apps
• Tweak many custom settings — toggle lighting, textures and axes, change backgrounds, or adjust advanced options like mipmapping
• Enjoy the carefully designed user interface
• Full support for Retina displays
What's New in Version 1.4.2
• Fixed a bug that would cause some models to not be properly centered in the field-of-view
Needs walk through
The app is great, but really needs a walk through function, I think it would help view models. Has lots of potential, but is not there without a walk through function. It does not crash or anything so that's good. Needs a walk through function, with a set eye height like Sketchup. Not like the walk through on 3D Vega where you 'glide' through a model. A joystick control would be cool.
Total Waste Of Money
I have a brand new iPad Mini. I bought this app to load and view sketchup models that I build for the purposes of previx and film storyboards. The idea was to give me the ability to bring up a model on set. Repo and reframe to image to help inform the shot. The app is totally impractical for that and any application I imagine.
It is painfully slow, to the point that it's basically useless. It won't work in landscape mode without add an info box that shrinks the image. Landscape would have given me a reasonable look at the model in a 16:9 ish frame.
What a disappointment.
works but crash!!!
This app works with the model export from SU2013 but the file size should not exceed 15mb otherwise it will crash. hope for the improvement in the future, a potential app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 27, 2013
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 0.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Craig Bosma
- © Craig S. Bosma
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.