Cubot - The Complexity of Simplicity
By Nicolas Pierre-Loti-Viaud
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
At first sight, Cubot is a 3D puzzle-game with a minimalist gameplay, just move color cubes towards tiles of the same color. It's really easy, but an important point in the gameplay is if you have multiple cubes, they move simultaneously! It will be a torture for your mind to complete all levels.
In short, the apparent simplicity of Cubot is in contradiction with the complexity of the level-design.
- Easy gameplay, one finger is enough to move the cube where you want...that's it!
- Simplistic but not repetitive, several concepts are used to diversify puzzles but also to make them more complex. Like color cubes with different capacities or elements (buttons, elevators, color swappers, teleporters…).
- The game and menus have a clean look to not disturb your concentration. In the same vein, the music is very soothing.
- There are 80 levels in the game for several hours of playtime to keep you challenged.
- The challenge increases level by level. but if you are stumped, help is available!
The best puzzle game
This is one of the best games out there for people who wants a REAL puzzle. This game has one of the best original ideas from a French developer. I recommend you buy this game and your life will be complete.