*** Please note, this application will ONLY work with the Cue Command appliance ***
If you do not already own a Cue Command appliance or intend to purchase one, please do not download this app. Visit www.DeceptivelySimple.com for more information.
The Cue Command app was designed to work exclusively with the Cue Command appliance in a live sound environment. Together, these devices will give you total control over your music during a talk/presentation or performance. You will be able to start, stop, cue forward/back and adjust volume through a long-range remote control. The remote also has a single button fade-out feature that fades the music and cues to the start of the next track.
The track number is prominently displayed on the iPod/iPhone in red when in pause and green when playing. If a larger display is needed, the Cue Command appliance features a composite video (yellow RCA connector) output. This allows the user to display the iPod/iPhone information on a large display.
Cue Command has two primary modes; Continuous and Performance:
1. Sometimes called pre-show, the user can select from any playlist and the shuffle button is available. The music will play song after song uninterrupted and then go to the first song in that same playlist after the final track is played. Only the pause/play and volume buttons will function in this mode.
2. A light blue background will be shown on the device and the track numbers will change from red to green as the track is playing.
3. Standard music controls will be available on the iPod itself.
4. The music output will be through the 1/8” audio connector on the Cue Command appliance and not the iPod/iPhone.
1. In “performance” mode, any playlist may be selected but the “shuffle” button is not available. The songs in the playlist will only play in order, 1, 2, 3, etc.
2. Every time a song is played through, the device will queue to the next track and hold in pause mode until the “play” button is pressed on the transmitter.
3. When the last song in the playlist is played, the device will queue to the first song in that same playlist. The device will not go to a new playlist unless manually selected by the user through the iPod itself.
4. When the play button is pressed, the music will start immediately.
5. Track numbers are prominently displayed in either portrait or landscape mode. Two-digit track numbers are shown in sequence with the device in portrait mode for visibility at maximum distance.
6. When the volume is turned up or down (16-step increments), the display will temporally show a large bar graph of the audio level - green, yellow, orange and red as the volume increases. The display will return to the track number after approximately 2 seconds.
7. When the “fade, queue to next” button on the remote is pressed, the display changes to solid blue and fade to black during the process. The fade-out process takes approximately 2.5 seconds.
The Cue Command Long-Range RF (radio frequency) Transmitter (a.k.a., the remote) allows the selection of one of 17 million unique addresses. This virtually guarantees communication from the transmitter to the Cue Command appliance will be both reliable and secure. The remote consistently performs over a 300-foot range and we have seen that increase to well over 600-feet depending on radio-frequency interference in the area.
Bug fixes associated with iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
As a professional performing artist, I have tried many different devices to control the music and sound effects in my presentations. NOTHING comes close to the capability and simplicity of using the Cue Command. This app works seemlessly with the Cue Command device to give me total control through the use of the hand-held remote and the playlists on my iPod or iPhone. I love the “Pre-Show” mode that allows music tracks to play continuously so that I can concentrate on getting ready for my performance. Then when it’s time for my presentation to begin, I switch to the “Performance” mode that allows me to start tracks, stop tracks, or even skip tracks with a push of a button. I can adjust the volume (up or down) and even fade out tracks on command. I can always monitor what is happening on the screen of my iPod or iPhone. Cue Command makes my one-man-presentations polished and professional! I won't perform without it!!!
Does what it promises - ONLY WORKS IF YOU OWN CC DEVICE
DO NOT DOWNLOAD UNLESS YOU OWN THE CUE COMMAND DEVICE -- If you do not own the Cue Command device, then this app will do nothing for you but take up a slot in your app collection. For those that do own the Cue Command device, this app does exactly what it is intended to do. It provides a seamless interface between your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch, the Cue Command, and any iTunes playlists you have stored on your Apple device. It's very responsive, has intuitive menus, and an easy to read track-number-playing/paused-at and volume up/down indicators. I rated it a “5” because it delivers what it promises to deliver -- and the whole Cue-Command-device-plus-app interface/execution is pretty slick!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.