CustomMenu 3 lets you build your own global menu to quickly access your favorite apps, files, and folders.
Within your custom menu, you can:
• simply click to open an app, file or folder.
• cmd-click to show the app, file or folder in the Finder.
• easily browse and access hierarchical folder contents.
• view file info (kind, size, created, modified, preview).
• select the app to open a file.
• easily switch between running apps.
CustomMenu is always at your fingertips:
• via the global menu.
• via customizable keyboard shortcut.
• at the current mouse location.
• even in full-screen mode.
CustomMenu 3 is the successor of the classic CustomMenu and has been completely rewritten to be even better. The new features are:
- The new preview feature allows you to look at the contents of a file.
- A new submenu now lists the apps, files, and folders you have recently used.
- The Application Switcher can now hide other apps automatically.
- New option for developers to show hidden files and package contents.
- A modernized user interface.
- Several other improvements, new options, and minor bug fixes.
If you have feedback or if you need support, please do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Improved performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Indispensable excellent app - hghly recommended!
This is a must-have app!
I had been using Snard for years, but this app is a big step up in terms of functionality and configurability. It allows you to quickly and effortlessly zip thru nested hierarchical folders on your drive to find or look at files, (when hovering the mouse over a file it shows an image preview window). Once you use this to navigate and access files, you’ll never go back to the time-wasting drudgery of slowly stepping thru windows on the Finder.
Version 3.3 fixes the preview crash with High Sierra, so now the app works great.
Love it, I just have a feature request
I love everything about it! I just have one request to be able to custom sort the folders. For example, when I added the downloads folder, I was hoping I could sort by date added or modified so I can access my files easier without having to put it in my dock.
Amazing. Job well done.
This incredibly useful, simple, and well executed app. A+
I work as an art director and copywriter for an ad agency - obviously this comes with a host of Adobe software requirements.
When I’m not at work, I split my time between music production (another intensive collection of apps) and I also use this same computer for my feeble attempts at learning how to become a front-end web developer.
This app has brought a much needed minimalistic make-over to my dock, and incredibly fast workflow enhancements all at the same time.
Simple and well executed. I can’t compliment this app enough.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.