2018's best fast paced logic puzzle game "Cutting Corners" is here!
Cutting corners is the wildly addictive puzzle game where the more corners you cut - the better! Use your smarts to strategically place your arrow blocks and cut the most corners you can before the board is full.
From casual to expert gamers, you’ll use strategy, smarts and a little bit of luck to navigate your way through this addictive cutting-edge (literally) puzzle game.
"It's a cross between Tetris and 2048 and they had a baby and that baby came out awesome!"
HOW TO PLAY
Place arrows on the board and cut corners of base blocks by making matches and pairs. Level up each time you cut ten corners. The objective is to cut as many corners as you can before the board fills up. Beat your highscore with each play through and become a member of one of the exclusive Corner Clubs. Use power moves to get out of a tricky situation. Collect golden corners to buy power moves so that you'll be able to swap, slice and spin the blocks to clear the board. Need an additional challenge, activate a pack that contains unique achievements to test your expertise. Challenge your friends to see who gets the highest score and can reign as the Cutting Corners champion.
Free for everyone and unlimited game play.
• CORNER CLUBS: Cut corners, hit high scores and join exclusive Corner Clubs.
• LEVEL UP: Can you stay alive? Cut as many corners as you can before the board fills up.
• PACKS: A side challenge based mode; add an additional level of strategy, by attempting to stay alive and complete unique challenges
• SPIN: Have the perfect board clearing set up but one pesky block is facing the wrong way? Use the spin power move to trigger a chain reaction!
• SWAP: Thinking “if only that block was here instead of there”? Use the swap power move to line your moves up for maximum corner cutting
• SLICE: Perfect for the cunning strategy player who strategically places their blocks, this move will slice an entire row, helping to clear the board left, right, up and down.
-- TERMS --
PLEASE NOTE: Cutting Corners is completely free to play, but you can also purchase items within the game using real money. Simply disable in app purchases on your device if you don't want to use this feature.
New Sharable Gifs now available to for each Corner Club you unlock!!!
Ongoing improvements to stability and performance.
Have questions or feedback, we're just an email away - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Unique and really fun
You know when you come across a game that is unlike most other games and is really fun to play until everyone starts cloning it and running the ideas into the ground? This is that kind of game. It reminds me of Six Match, Kensho, and so many other games that obviously have genius creators when it comes to fun gameplay that’s completely fresh.
I would also like to add that I’m not sure why some are mentioning the learning curve or the game being a little difficult to get into. Have you all ever played Through the Ages, Go, Kemono Mahjong, or other such dense and complex strategy games because Cutting Corners is a breeze to learn and find successful strategies for when compared to most truly difficult to learn games. If someone is on the fence about the learning curve, just keep in mind that it’s all about cutting and matching pieces and that matching includes pairing pieces next to or in front or behind or also putting one piece on the same line and putting another piece pointing towards the other piece in the same line. To cut and pair pieces, the pieces often have to be cut by other pieces and it’s this aspect of the game play that can make for some really fun high scoring chain reactions. There are also three different power ups that can be used once per game that are pretty self explanatory. While you can purchase, win, and save up 50 of one power up, you can still just use it once per game.
Dressed to the nines!
Finally a game that doesn’t smash ads in your face every time the screen changes! I’ve played it for a couple days in a row now and this is what I think:
Cutting Corners is a smooth blend of strategy and luck laid out on a clean and simple game board. It is a rather casual game experience but if you start to snooze on it, this game will end you real quick... however staying engaged and planning out those critical power moves really brings the game to life!
After the learning curve, it’s a great way to get through those points in your day when you really just need a brain boost. Definitely keeping this one
It took me a few days to actually figure out how to play. I just wasn’t understanding it. Most games you can go on Google and cheat, but not with this one. But this is not a bad review. I’m addicted to playing, no matter how many times I end up not getting passed level ten. I just wish I had a little more indication of how each corner is determined to be placed automatically vs me placing them manually.
One of the reviews says this game is based on strategy and luck. I’m not sure how much I agree with that. But then again, this is really what the game is about too.
I would like to see a version where the board is bigger. And maybe I haven’t figured it out, but how am I supposed to predict how the white, blue and yellow boxes are going to be placed. And also how many are going to show up on the board? I’ve tried different methods and they never work out.
But all in all, I do really like the game. Thank you to the creators/ masterminds of this game/ app!
Developer Response ,
First, I really want to apologize for taking much too long to get back to you. Your comment was very appreciated and we are so glad that you enjoy Cutting Corners.
In fact, based on your feedback we have already started planning ways to make the rules more clear throughout the game and to add a rules page. Because the gameplay is quite unique communicating the rules has probably been our #1 hurdle. We are so glad, though, that you and many others have stuck with it enough to find the joy in the game.
You will be seeing improvements over the next few months, but for now let me give you some more clarity on the rules. I am going to assume that you understand how to make matches and pairs since you can get to level 10.
1. After every block you place another block with one or no corners cut is added to the board in a random location.
2. For every 10 corners you cut off of blocks, you will go up a level. It's important to note that this is based on corners cut and not on blocks placed on the board or matches/pairs made.
3. Every time time you go up a level, three additional blocks are added and then the normal one after your turn, for a total of four. The nice thing is that if you level up multiple times in one turn (usually because of a large chain reaction), you still only get the four blocks added total. This means it is good strategy to set things up so rather than cutting a couple corners here and there, you can cut a lot in one turn.
4. The first time a gray block is cut the corner that is removed is random. This makes it a blue block.
5. When a red arrow (left and right facing) cuts a blue block it will also cut the corner that turns that block into a green (up and down facing) arrow. And the same goes for green arrows always cutting blue blocks into red arrows. This means that you can predict which arrows you will get and can place blue blocks strategically.
6. After each turn a new, random block is placed up top for you to place. These are usually arrows, but can also be blue or grey blocks.
I hope that helps clear some things up. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
Thanks again for playing!
- AD60, Inc
- 61.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © AD60 Inc, 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Resurrection $0.99
- Resurrection $1.99
- 200 Golden Corners $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.