Cyclemeter GPS - Cycling Running and Mountain Biking Ride Tracking
By Abvio Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cyclemeter is the most advanced application for cyclists ever designed for a mobile device. Built from the ground up for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and iCloud, it makes your iPhone a powerful fitness computer — with maps, graphs, splits, intervals, laps, announcements, zones, training plans and more.
• Obsessively complete... a killer app — Wired
• Records a wealth of data — Macworld
• Clean, easy-to-use — New York Times
Experience core features and dependability for free, then upgrade to Elite to add the following advanced features.
• Records an unlimited number of workouts — years of workouts only take up the space of a few songs.
• No website login required.
• Swipe across the stopwatch to see pages of stats, maps, and graphs - completely configurable.
• View your workouts on a calendar, and by routes and activities.
• View bar and pie charts summarizing all your workouts.
• Analyze your workouts on your iPad, updated with your latest data using iCloud.
Apple Watch Enhanced - See abvio.com/applewatch
• Set up, start, stop, lap and finish a workout all from the Apple Watch. Keep your iPhone in your pocket.
• Includes beautiful gauge pages with zones for speed / pace, heart rate, step cadence, cycle cadence, and power.
• Intensely configurable pages track any of more than 220 statistics.
• Splits and laps/intervals pages keep you seeing the trends.
• Force touch to start, stop, lap, or access settings from any page.
• Glance page quickly shows your latest workout stats.
• Notification pages prompt you with time, distance, intervals, and target alerts.
• Exclude stopped time with automatic stop detection.
• View terrain and traffic maps with Google Maps.
• Record heart rate, bike speed, bike cadence, and bike power with sensors.
• Records steps all day and cadence during workouts using your iPhone 5S or later.
• Supports the Casio STB-1000 and RFLKT+.
• Automatically record the weather.
• Start and stop with your earphone remote.
• Supports cycling, running, walking, skating, skiing, and many other activities.
• Keep on track with extremely configurable interval training, zones, and targets.
• Set up repeating intervals, pyramid intervals, or tempo workouts.
• Hear announcements that keep you in the zone.
• Analyze your split, interval, and zone performance.
• Select from more than 120 configurable announcements including distance, time, speed, elevation, and heart rate.
• Hear stats automatically at time or distance intervals, or on-demand with your earphone remote.
• Listen to comments from friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter, and dailymile.
• Compete against your previous workouts along a route.
• See your virtual competition on a map and in graphs.
• Includes 5K, 10, half, and marathon running plans.
• Design your own training plans.
• Synchronize your plan with your iPhone calendar and your online calendars.
Analyze - See abvio.com/explorer
• View the Workout Explore on your computer or on your iPhone.
• Shared by email, Twitter, Facebook, Strava, MyFitnessPal or dailymile.
• View within the app on any Info page for a workout.
• View your graph, splits, intervals, zones, and more.
• Select a zone to see your map path drawn with zone colors.
• Post workouts to iOS 8 Health app.
• Use email, Facebook, Twitter, Strava, MyFitnessPal and dailymile to share your workouts online.
• Automatically keep family and friends notified of your location and progress.
• Hear replies from family, coaches, and friends spoken using text-to-speech.
• Share your workout calendar with your friends and coaches.
• Import by tapping on a GPX, TCX, FIT or KML link or file in Mail or Safari.
• Export detailed CSV, GPX, TCX, FIT or KML files for use in maps, graphs, and social fitness sites.
Does not support iPod touch, which lacks GPS capabilities. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 10.5.4
• Improved Apple Watch app to better handle connectivity issues.
• Updated to use the most recent Google Maps library.
• Fixed issue with exports and speed sensor failure.
• Fixed issue with Power Intensity, Power Score, and power zones.
• Fixed issue with Apple Watch calorie calculations.
• Fixed issue with Nordic Walk activity.
• Other bug fixes and performance improvements.
By far the best!
I'm not particularly happy about any app that has a subscription tied to it. I'll say that right off the bat. However, I gladly make an exception for this app as it is beyond comprehensive when it comes to everything from detailed mapping, device integration and statistics that are beyond anything I could ever ask for (for example, getting mile-split stats with current temperatures during those individual splits!!!). I've been using Cyclemeter for about 4 years now and use it at least once a week for my Saturday club rides. I get real-time feeds to social media and immediate posting to competitive products like Strava. It's a memory hog so you need to make sure that you're not running a lot of other programs at the same time, but given the complexity of this program, I am not surprised. I really like that feature of being able to customize your screens. For example I have a customize screen where it gives me eight fields of my most favorite items along with a real-time map all on the same screen. Though the online support for this program is a bit lacking, I have to say that email tech-support is incredible. I emailed them, recently, to ask them a question about importing maps. It was around 7:30am on a Saturday and they got back to me within 10 minutes with a very detailed response on how to fix the issue! Where do get customer service like that these days?
Could be great
I want to like this app. It has a nice interface, lots of data and display options and seems very accurate. Two things, however, are annoying and I will probably delete again and keep looking for a good bicycle computer app.
First, the free version blocks a lot of the functions, including auto-start and stop and you get ads whenever you start and shut down. Sorry, but I will not pay for an app, especially on an annual subscription basis, unless I first test everything.
The biggest problem, however, is the flaky GPS function. Half the time I start the app, get going when a "bad GPS" warning pops up and basically disables the app. I followed the suggestions and sometimes the app becomes repsonive againand sometimes it doesn't. I don't want to have to troubleshoot whenever I go on a ride, including restarting my phone. Interestingly all other GPS dependent apps work just fine when this one doesn't. The troubleshooting tips basically boil down to make this app the only thing running on your phone. Not going to work for me. I'm giving it one more week of riding and playing around with the settings. If the GPS issue doesn't get better the app will be deleted.
I really like this app. Although I never used the others on my phone, I find this to be very complete and packed with great features. I have the Elite version, which was so much more reasonably priced than the competitors. I especially like the auto email feature so my wife knows where I am on my solo rides in case of an emergency.
New addition to this review: I now use the Wahoo RFLK & speed sensor with Cyclemeter. Both work very well with Cyclemeter, giving me even more data and versatility. I still highly recommend this app!
Third review: after another year with Cyclemeter, I am still very satisfied. I once used a Garmin, but now Cyclemeter has totally replaced it. I also want to add that the tech support is very responsive. - Email them with a question and you get a timely response. I am extremely satisfied with this app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 01, 2016
- Version: 10.5.4
- Size: 49.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Abvio Inc.
- © 2015 Abvio Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Elite Upgrade$9.99
- Elite Upgrade$9.99
- Elite Upgrade$4.99
- Elite Upgrade$9.99
- Elite Upgrade$9.99
- Elite Upgrade$9.99