CycleTracks uses GPS support to track users’ bicycle trip routes. It's simple to use: tap Start to start recording your ride, Save at the end, and specify a purpose (commuting, shopping, exercise, etc.). Data representing the purpose, route, date and time are sent to the Transportation Authority’s servers. (All personally identifiable data will be kept confidential.) Users can cancel a trip at any time for any reason and no data will be sent unless explicitly directed by the user.)
Think of it as a travel survey that asks you why and where you are riding, but automatically maps your route rather than asking you to write it down from memory.
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is in pretty rough shape, but because I really like what it's trying to do, here are 3 ways it could be improved:
1. Fix crashing after the ride is saved. I've logged three rides. After each, the app has crashed.
2. Fix ride comments. There is no way to make comments on my ride, or if there is a way, it's broken. This is a crucial function that is totally missing.
3. Set reminders and give incentives. I commute by bike every day to and from work. But I've only registered three rides. Why? Because I forget, and I've got no incentive to remember. Let me set reminders (in app) that will alert me to register my ride. Then, add some sort of badge or reward system. It's not much, but modest game-like features will go a long way to getting cyclists to consistently use this app.
- Lexington, KY
Everytime I upload my info to the net the program crashes
- San Francisco County Transportation Authority
- 762.4 KB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2013 SFCTA
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.