By San Francisco County Transportation Authority
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
CycleTracks uses GPS support to track users’ bicycle trip routes. It's simple to use: tap Start to start recording your ride, Save at the end, and specify a purpose (commuting, shopping, exercise, etc.). Data representing the purpose, route, date and time are sent to the Transportation Authority’s servers. (All personally identifiable data will be kept confidential.) Users can cancel a trip at any time for any reason and no data will be sent unless explicitly directed by the user.)
Think of it as a travel survey that asks you why and where you are riding, but automatically maps your route rather than asking you to write it down from memory.
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
This app is in pretty rough shape, but because I really like what it's trying to do, here are 3 ways it could be improved:
1. Fix crashing after the ride is saved. I've logged three rides. After each, the app has crashed.
2. Fix ride comments. There is no way to make comments on my ride, or if there is a way, it's broken. This is a crucial function that is totally missing.
3. Set reminders and give incentives. I commute by bike every day to and from work. But I've only registered three rides. Why? Because I forget, and I've got no incentive to remember. Let me set reminders (in app) that will alert me to register my ride. Then, add some sort of badge or reward system. It's not much, but modest game-like features will go a long way to getting cyclists to consistently use this app.
- Lexington, KY
Everytime I upload my info to the net the program crashes
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Released: May 09, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 0.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: San Francisco County Transportation Authority
- © 2013 SFCTA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), and 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular.