By iRare Media
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Secure and encrypt secret messages, notes, passwords, files, and more in a simple, easy-to-use, and intuitive way. Encrypt and decrypt content using AES 256-bit Encryption (adopted by the US government as the Encryption Standard).
Protect and Secure
Hide messages, notes, and files from prying eyes with top-notch encryption. Never again worry about sending, saving, or receiving sensitive data. Cypher Bot has it all covered.
Share Content Securely
Share your content securely using a secret keyword. Only the receiver and yourself can view the content using that keyword. Preview files using built-in apps. Share content using Facebook, Twitter, Mail, or iMessage.
Encrypt Documents and Files
Encrypt any file on your computer by dragging and dropping. Files are immediately secured and encrypted with your keyword. Cypher Bot can encrypt almost any file on your Mac including videos, images, MS Office documents, and anything else! Cypher Bot cannot encrypt Folders, File Aliases, or File Bundles / Packages.
Quick and Simple
Cypher Bot is quick, simple, beautiful and easy to use. You can secure your message or file in three easy steps:
1. Enter your Message or Open a File
2. Type a secure Password / Keyword
3. Click Encrypt / Decrypt
The encrypted file or message can only be decoded with the exact keyword / password it was encrypted with. All you have to do is tell someone the password and then they can decode it (or not).
• AES 256-bit Encryption for Files and Text. AES is the most secure encryption method on the AppStore, and it was adopted by the US Government as the encryption standard
• Cypher Bot can encrypt many file types including, all Microsoft Office files, PDF files, text files, Image files (JPG and PNG), Movie / Video Files (MP4, MOV, and others), and many audio formats.
• No limits on length of message or keyword, unlike the leading text encryption app
• Send messages with iMessage, Email, Facebook, Twitter, and more. Use a link (cypherbot://) to open messages automatically in Cypher Bot
• Drag and drop files to encrypt or decrypt
• Preview files instantly with a convenient preview button
• Easy to use
Available on Multiple Platforms
Cypher Bot is also available on iPhone and iPad. Both the iOS and Mac editions are compatible with each other.
We have a committed support team and devoted developers who want to make a better user experience. After you download, we'd really appreciate feedback or a rating. We can't wait to give you more content in an update.
• The Share Feature is only available on Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and higher. The Preview Feature is available to all users.
• Cypher Bot must be installed with both parties for the share feature to work
• Please use encryption for good, not evil. Encrypting and / or transmitting illegal material is punishable by US and international law.
What's New in Version 3.0
A major update has finally arrived. Multiple security issues have been patched (continue reading for security information) in this update. It also adds official OS X Mavericks compatibility, interface enhancements, and bug fixes.
Content is no longer printed to the OS X Console Log. Previously, decrypted content may have been printed in the OS X Console Log.
When Data-Saving is turned ON, Cypher Bot now stores your content in the login Keychain. By storing sensitive content in the Keychain, it remains encrypted and secure even when it is not being used by Cypher Bot.
Keywords must be typed in a secure field. They are now hidden using password dots.
Decryption validation: Cypher Bot will check if your file is encrypted before decrypting it. If the file is not encrypted and you attempt to decrypt, Cypher Bot will warn you.
Keyword review: No more insecure keywords. Cypher Bot will determine if your keyword is weak or strong before encrypting and let you know.
Improved accessibility descriptions, layout, and help. VoiceOver and other accessibility features included in Mac OS X should work with Cypher Bot.
Cypher Bot has slimmer and cleaner buttons. Content boxes are much larger too.
Plus, Cypher Bot now has two beautiful and clean modes: Dark & Light. Choose between the new looks from the Preferences Pane.
OS X MAVERICKS COMPATIBILITY
Cypher Bot 3.0 is fully compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9.x). Issues that may have occurred with Mavericks are fixed. Improved Notifications to show file icons and additional details on Mavericks.
Fixes an issue where encrypted text would improperly wrap to the next line, resulting in issues when sending Quick Links.
Fixes an issue where the app would momentarily freeze when sharing content.
Preferences are now correctly read and saved by Cypher Bot.
Like Cypher Bot? Give it a 5 STAR RATING in the Mac AppStore! Thanks for being awesome customers!
credibility = zero
The app has no documentation and the website is empty. I simply do not trust the app enough to use it.
Can’t imagine why someone would give this application a bad review. Perhaps it’s too simple to use! Works great in Yosemite, Mavericks, Lion. Not too pricey. It solved my problem with securing documents, messages, etc. Works great!