Access all of your Dungeons & Dragons content anywhere you go with the D&D Beyond reader.
- D&D products. Browse, unlock, and read the entire Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition library.
- Offline access. Never miss your books, even in areas without wifi coverage.
- Bookmarks and Search. Find the rules you need when you need them!
- Display options. Read as you like in book, clean, or night modes.
- Fixed monster senses and skills not displaying
- Fixed and updated some monster filters
- Fixed some class feature options not displaying
Ratings and Reviews
I downloaded this app because of the partnership with Critical Roll, but I don’t really find this app to be as useful as they claimed to be. First you have to sign in through twitch which I find really annoying as I have no reason to use a twitch account. It is not needed for a service like this. You can’t actually view any of the information with out first either downloading the free books onto your device, which eats up available storage space, or purchasing the required books which are largely over priced for an electronic copy. Not to mention there are places online and apps that allows you to view the information for free. A feature I was hoping to see, as it was used in the Critical Roll campaign, was creating character sheets. That’s not even in the app! How can you make a DnD app like this and not even provide a space for character creation? Overall I was largely disappointed.
The only redeeming quality I found for this app was that the ebooks are at least a little discounted, albeit still over priced. If you’re willing to spend the money then I am sure you’d get more use out of this app though.
Good, but recently became buggy again
This app is really useful (and I’m willing to overlook the absence of character sheets). However, recently it has become really buggy after a new update (don’t know if it’s only on iPad). It’s gotten slower, crashed more, and taken so much longer to load pages. It also has a bug where then using your finger to scroll through the page screen at the bottom it gets stuck and you have to scroll further with the circle in order to move past the original pages, plus an annoying bug that if you accidentally move your finger a little to the side, it jumps back to a random earlier place on the page. Both have been there since launch. Please fix these bugs, it makes it so annoying when using the app for long periods.
A nice start: app for official content purchases and reading w/ a few other facets like quick content access (spells, feats, etc). Runs stable, quite useful, but painfully missing expected features and functionality.
The main missing features are character sheets and encounter/campaign management. These are limited to the website alone. On a phone browser I find using them clunky and jarring for navigating via the hamburger like menu along w/ the site header menus always eating up screen real estate.
This is what mobile apps are for! To give an optimized experience to the user outside of a browser based system. Please, PLEASE add these two items to the mobile app.
- Wikia Inc.
- 118 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- ©2019 D&D Beyond / Wikia, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Player's Handbook $29.99
- Xanathar's Guide to Everything $29.99
- Dungeon Master's Guide $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.