D-Day : Normandy
By Vanilla Breeze Co., Ltd.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Survive the diabolic battlefield!
A modern remake of classic arcade shooter action that puts you right in the middle of the infamous battlefield on the coast of Normandy. Awake your rage hidden underneath! And Survive!
- Classic shooter action with modern touch controls
- Fascinating characters, cool stage designs, and mind-blowing effects!
- Powerful weapons (shotgun, flamethrower, rocket launcher) - and upgradable items
- Three unique stages (Omaha Beach, Cerisy Forest, Basen Camp)
- Online leaderboard (supports the Game Center)
- Military rankings and achievements
- Name your own character
- Epic sound track
- Complete your mission to get a promotion and gain higher scores!
- Make sure to collect all coins to unlock and upgrade cool items!
- Make use of the covers! (Buildings, trees, hedgehog)
What's New in Version 1.3.4
Rank up bug fix
Challenging and Fun
I've been playing this a lot and want to update my review. I got D-Day for free on release but I've gotten way more than .99 cents worth of fun out of this classic Commando type arcade shooter. The gameplay is hot. There are a lot of ways to play: zip around, move from cover to cover, various weapons and upgrades. The controls are more sensitive than I first thought. If you touch closer to the center of the movement circle, you go slower, which can be very effective, but it's hard to maintain that speed when the action heats up, and when it does, the game becomes very challenging. When the game is over, you can get right back into the action, in seconds. Nice!
I have a few notes for the devs:
1. Thanks for the good times!
2. I don't think it's fair that the enemy can shoot over the machine gun sand bags both ways. Firing down-screen I understand but firing up-screen is not fair!
3. When enemies are stacked on top of each other and I kill one, the resulting coins appear on a layer over the surviving enemies, obscuring them. It would be more fair if the coins appeared below the enemies. The game is hard enough. It doesn't need these cheap kills.
My Original Review:
This game is pretty fun. The controls can be very responsive while you're on the move but it's harder to aim from a standstill, under cover. This makes the challenge, for me, but it's also frustrating. I really like the cartoons in the movie!
Fun yet challenging game. Although I do have a suggestion. Instead of having the men in your landing squad mowed down, why not let them fight with you even if they end up dying or don't do much. Or you could even upgrade them! It'd have to be a bit cheaper though so you aren't wasting coins if they die. The better your team the more damage they deal, and they won't die so easily. Also If i pick up a MG I'd like to be able to switch to my rifle to save the MG for a tank or bunker. I like the basic, simple controls and the graphics are cool. Anyway thats all for now.
I just wanted to review this awesome game it's cool to play to pass time and more if you get into it like your a
Lone soldier doing missions earning ranks and you get motivated for that reason. Awesome graphics,music the only thing I want that I was :( is it doesn't have a story just the beggining I wish it had more I ask of the creators of this game to make more of this games I'll be very :) to see this game in the very top
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 18, 2012
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vanilla Breeze Co., Ltd.
- © 2011 Vanilla Breeze
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 4000 coins$0.99
- Normandy Coin 10000$1.99
- 9000 coins$1.99
- Normandy Coin 100000$9.99
- Normandy Coin 30000$4.99
- 25000 coins$4.99
- Remove Banner Ads$0.99
- 55000 coins$9.99
- 800,000 coins + Auto Coin Collector + Gatling Gun$99.99
- 200000 coins + Auto Coin Collector$29.99